Salt Lake Mini-Z Club Forum
May 15, 2024, 08:18:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Our next race will be Thursday May 16th HFAY Races .  Come Join Us!!
If you have any questions about racing with us,  please make a post or add a comment in the shout box, and someone will help you with the answer.

Home Help Login Register   **
Donations
Donate Via Paypal and Help Support this site.

Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wyoming Race Jan 30-31st  (Read 15894 times)
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #15: January 11, 2010, 06:44:03 PM »

Theres alot of racing to be had, even with only one car but you could maybe borrow someones F1 if you wanted to compete in another class. Or buy just a Pan Car body and use it on your MR-02, it comes with everything you need to use it (wheels, mounts, clip, body). Brian might even have a loaner Pan car body.

I do have the body that you used last year.  Smiley   I also have some new ones instock.

briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #16: January 11, 2010, 06:49:24 PM »

I checked the rooms and there are still some available,  they are running between 56-60 a night depending on what you get.

briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #17: January 20, 2010, 06:48:01 AM »

I talked with Andy last night,   It looks like Gus will also be making the trip to race.   Utah will should be very well represented  flex

redbarton
SLC Club Members

View Gallery

« Reply #18: January 20, 2010, 11:12:09 AM »

Sounds like fun!  Maybe I can make it next year. The new baby and liquid gold baby formula will keep me home this time around. Sad
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #19: January 26, 2010, 07:07:06 AM »

We are leaving for this race on Friday. We will be meeting at my house and leave just after 1pm. That should put us in Riverton, Wyoming about 7pm. We will be returning on Sunday night.

Get your gear all ready, they will have power, but it probably wouldn't hurt to bring and extension cord and maybe a power strip for your chargers, etc.

I'll pull a couple of Mclaren clips off my display bodies for you guys to use (Andy and Gus). this way you won't have to worry about a DNF because of a broken front clip.

Bassman
SLC Club Members

View Gallery

« Reply #20: January 26, 2010, 09:12:11 AM »

Thank you Brian.  Do we need to bring tables and chairs for this event??

The Time Has Come
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #21: January 26, 2010, 12:41:22 PM »

Thank you Brian.  Do we need to bring tables and chairs for this event??

no,  you won't need tables or chairs,  you might bring your folding table if you have room for it. 

briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #22: January 28, 2010, 11:56:06 AM »

We are leaving tomorrow,  Meet at my house about 1pm.    big-grin

Adams
SLC Club Members

View Gallery

« Reply #23: January 28, 2010, 10:23:51 PM »

i cant go for sure, i have to go to cali for work
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #24: January 31, 2010, 07:55:30 AM »

here is the update from our first day of racing.  We ran 3 sessions of qualifying for all the classes,   We started at about 10am yesterday and finished up about 6:30pm.   there are 20 drivers with most running in multiple classes.  they are running the following:  Super stock Mini-z, Formula 1, Kyosho Stock Mini-Z, Modified Pan and Nascar.

I was having some issues with my stock car pushing.  then right before my first race I couldn't get a signal from the car.  it seems that I had a motor wire loose, but didn't have time to really do anything about it.   I grabbed the backup MR-02 from my box and put it on the track without even a test lap.   the car was good, but not great.  I still managed to finished I think second in that first race in Stock.   the next race was even worse.  I finally got my MR-03 back working and switched back to it.   I didn't have time before that race to get really ready and then I made the biggest mistake you can make as a racer,  I didn't put in fresh batteries and the dumped about 3 minutes into the race.  I changed them quickly and got back in the race.  I caught back up to 5 place and then I threw a tire.  I pulled the car for the remainder of that race.   Currently I was sitting in the last post on the top qualifying group (7th).   I finally had time, and taped all my tires on and just hoped in the next race all would go well.

In the 3rd qualifying race. I was off. My car was handling great, but would traction roll if I pushed it to hard.  I took the lead after 2 laps and lead the rest of the way.  Car was quick and was handling great.

my formula 1 was hooking up right from the start and I lead every lap of the first 2 qualifying sessions.  I changed my tires planning for today and in the third race weren't scrubbed in and were very slippery.   I'm sure they will come in after another race and should be perfect for the Main.   

My Pan Car is also handling very well and is dialed,  I'm finishing about 5 laps ahead of 2nd. place.

So far here are the results of our group from the first day.

Stock:

1st. Brian
3rd. Andy
4th. Gus
7th. Russ
14th. Cygen

Formula 1

1st. Brian
5th. Russ
8th. Cygen

Kyosho Stock

3rd. Cygen

Modified Pan

1st. Brian
3rd. Russ

We finish up and drive home today.  Wish us luck.  Smiley

briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #25: February 01, 2010, 07:34:15 AM »

I don't have the final positions with me, but here is a quick update.  I'll post up the details of Sundays events later today after I get home and can look at the results so I get the info right.

I took 1st. in Stock, Formula 1, and Pan.  

Cygen Took 2nd . in Kyosho Stock right behind Tom (I’ll confim) and was gaining on him.  Tom thought Cygen deserved the top spot so he gave Cygen the 1st place trophy.  Cygen was very excited about that.  They both finished with 48 laps and Cygen was just behind him.

From our group from Utah Russ, Andy, and Myself got through to the “A” Main in Stock.  Gus just missed Making the “A” by just a second or so.  There were 4 or 5 guys within a few seconds of each other in qualifying.   In Formula 1  and Pan Car both Russ and Myself made the “A” Main as well.

There were lots of guys there,  we had 20 different drivers with most running  2 to 3 classes each.   I’ll post up some picks and the final results later.

Just like last year. the race was very fun and really well run.  Julie did an Awesome some as keeping things moving and running the event.  We appreciated all that she did to make this event successful and fun for everyone.   I'll be going back next year for sure !

« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 07:36:51 AM by briankstan » Logged

briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #26: February 03, 2010, 09:26:40 AM »

I've posted up a few pictures in my gallery.   Shannon is still trying to get the rest of them.

Wyoming Race 2010 Gallery

briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #27: February 03, 2010, 07:26:58 PM »

Ok,  here are all the results from the race.  I'll start with the mains and then post the qualifiers for those that want to see them  big-grin

Stock A Main
Stock B Main
Stock C Main

F1 A Main
F1 B Main

Kyosho A Main

Modified Pan A Main
Modified Pan B Main

Nascar A Main

Stock Q1-1
Stock Q1-2
Stock Q1-3
Stock Q2-1
Stock Q2-2
Stock Q2-3
Stock Q3-1
Stock Q3-2
Stock Q3-3
Stock Q4-1
Stock Q4-2
Stock Q4-3

Formula 1 Q1-1
Formula 1 Q1-2
Formula 1 Q2-1
Formula 1 Q2-2
Formula 1 Q3-1
Formula 1 Q3-2
Formula 1 Q4-1
Formula 1 Q4-2

Kyosho Q1
Kyosho Q2
Kyosho Q3
Kyosho Q4

Modified Pan Q1-1
Modified Pan Q1-2
Modified Pan Q2-1
Modified Pan Q2-2
Modified Pan Q3-1
Modified Pan Q3-2
Modified Pan Q4-1
Modified Pan Q5-2

Nascar Q1
Nascar Q2
Nascar Q3
Nascar Q4

« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 04:38:43 PM by briankstan » Logged

briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #28: April 07, 2010, 07:51:42 AM »

Here are the pictures of the event that Paul's wife took.  Some great shots in there of everyone.

Wyoming Ice Melter Classic photos

Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Random Photo
Recent
[January 31, 2022, 07:34:33 AM]

[February 11, 2020, 09:45:58 AM]

by Russ
[January 22, 2020, 12:33:31 PM]

by Chad
[December 19, 2019, 05:15:45 PM]