Salt Lake Mini-Z Club Forum
May 01, 2024, 07:30:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Our next race will be Thursday May 2nd Club Races .  Come Join Us!!
If you have any questions about racing with us,  please make a post or add a comment in the shout box, and someone will help you with the answer.

Home Help Login Register   **
Donations
Donate Via Paypal and Help Support this site.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Losi Track  (Read 3235 times)
CrazyFastFord
Registered Member

View Gallery

« Topic Start: September 16, 2012, 10:47:33 PM »

Has anyone run on the Losi tracks?  I have two L tracks that we have put together.  I have never driven on the black tracks and was wondering if they drive different.  I can't seem to stop the car from spinning out.  The best lap I can do (time trail track 1) is 7.3s and average in the tens due to spinning out.  There is on way to traction roll.  Also the car comes off the track covered in brown dirt.  I can only go a half hour or so before having to stop and readjust the pinion.  Wondering if this might be the problem or it is normal.  Thanks,
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #1: September 20, 2012, 08:51:59 AM »

the losi tracks are made by RCP and sold under the losi name.   you can vacuum the track with a regular household vacuum just make sure that you raise the brush on the vacuum up so it is on the setting for flat floors or laminate flooring so it doesn't rip the top of the track off.  new tracks don't have the same traction as a track that is well used.   Also note that mixing tire compound "rubber and the silicone based" tires will cause issues with traction as well.    I would stick with the PN or the Kyosho tires only as they are pure rubber based..   Some of the Atomic tires are silicone based and will damage the traction of the track and in some case it not reversible.

after a while you will see a decrease in the track "dust".   you will still get some but it should start to look more black from wear from the tires.   I'm not sure if the difference in material will make a big difference in the grip on the track but if you are spinning out with the PN 6's on the back than you are sure not getting the grip you should.   

One tip you can try that works well is to mist the track with a spay bottle (filled with water) and let is soak into the tiles for a few hours before running on the track.   the moisture in the track helps with traction.

CrazyFastFord
Registered Member

View Gallery

« Reply #2: September 21, 2012, 10:06:26 PM »

Well we got the new RCP track out.  What a huge difference.  Now we can go around the corner at speed and even use the brake.  The Losi track in great for the Losi Micro SCT those large knobby tires grip it great.  Guess I will be selling two Losi L tracks.  The only problem now is we only have the oval RCP track which gets old pretty quick.  And the lap counting system comes in this week. Oh well.  Thanks for the insights.
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #3: September 22, 2012, 12:09:28 PM »

Great to hear that the new track works better.   If you decide to pick up some additional track let me know I'm an RCP dealer.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Random Photo
Recent
[January 31, 2022, 07:34:33 AM]

[February 11, 2020, 09:45:58 AM]

by Russ
[January 22, 2020, 12:33:31 PM]

by Chad
[December 19, 2019, 05:15:45 PM]

by Russ