Salt Lake Mini-Z Club Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:36:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Our next race will be Thursday May 16th HFAY Races .  Come Join Us!!
If you have any questions about racing with us,  please make a post or add a comment in the shout box, and someone will help you with the answer.

Home Help Login Register   **
Donations
Donate Via Paypal and Help Support this site.

Pages: Prev 1 2 [3] 4 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wyoming Race 2011  (Read 18055 times)
Chad
Global Moderator

View Gallery

« Reply #30: January 05, 2011, 02:04:18 PM »

Not sure. We will talk about it at the test and tune thursday. flex big-grin flex big-grin flex
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #31: January 10, 2011, 02:16:54 PM »

Well we are leaving this week.  Is everyone ready.   I'm almost there,   I still need to go through my pan car,   I've already gone through my Stock and Formula one cars.   this is going to be a great weekend with lots of track time and lots of fun.

Is it Friday yet?    Frustrated

Adams
SLC Club Members

View Gallery

« Reply #32: January 10, 2011, 09:00:24 PM »

Im getting my batteries charged right now. Got fresh batteries in my TX. Cleaned up my car. Cleaned the bearings.
Im almost ready, couple more things to do. Im really excited for this. Hopefully the weather stays good for our drive.
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #33: January 12, 2011, 11:46:51 AM »

It looks like Russ is good to go anytime on Friday Morning.  We can leave earlier if you guys want.   Also we can meet at Russ's house so he doesn't have to leave his truck at my house for the weekend.  if you need his address let him know.

We can meet at Russ's house a little before 8 and be on the Road by 8am.   that will put us there around 2pm.   What do you think?

Chad
Global Moderator

View Gallery

« Reply #34: January 12, 2011, 11:58:23 AM »

think 9am would be better. I need to drop my 2 young ones off at my brothers house for school. I told him i was dropping them off at his house at 8am I would be at lukes at about 815-830am then head to who evers house to meet up.  flex big-grin laugh Grin
Russ
Global Moderator

View Gallery

Man I'm a SPAZ!!

« Reply #35: January 12, 2011, 12:25:41 PM »

Sounds good to me. I'll be ready at 8:30 and we can go when yall get there.
Text me if you need my address.
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #36: January 12, 2011, 12:43:01 PM »

works for me. 

Chad
Global Moderator

View Gallery

« Reply #37: January 12, 2011, 05:15:21 PM »

Weather update. It is suppose to snow thursday night into friday in northern utah and into evanston. They say it wont be to bad but snow none the less. Censored Take the warm warm cloths. It was 5 below in riverton wyoming today.
Adams
SLC Club Members

View Gallery

« Reply #38: January 13, 2011, 08:27:32 AM »

haha, 5 below! thats cold
Robudda723
SLC Club Members

View Gallery

« Reply #39: January 14, 2011, 09:44:09 AM »

Good luck to all of you going. Sure it's gonna be a blast. Post pics, videos and Blogs of how things are going if you can.

Rob
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #40: January 17, 2011, 09:42:43 AM »

Wyoming Winter Carnival 2011 Race wrap up.

We arrived on Friday afternoon and helped setup the track,  we hung out and did some care tuning until about 10pm.

My Stock car was great,   I didn’t make any changes to it the whole weekend.    My F1 was pretty good,  I ran the first 2 qualifiers with it,  it was good but not great.   I decided to put some fresh rubber on it.   After the tire change the car had a lot more front end than I typically like,   I could handle it, but it got better and better as the races went.  The front scuffed in and it was probably my best handling car of the whole weekend.   My pan car was OK at first not really great.   The back end wasn’t very planted and it got worse throughout the first race,   after the race I went back and looked at it.   The preload on the top shock had backed off and was allowing the car to bottom out and causing me to spin.   I reset the preload and used some blue locktite on it so it wouldn’t move.   I also adjusted the preload on my side shocks,  changed my front shocks to a softer shock and finally went with some Kyosho 20 rear tires.     This was the ticket.  The car was very good,  nice smooth and fast.  I didn’t really get to push it hard in the main as we combined the entire class of 9 cars for the main.   There was lots of traffic and wrecks.  I went as fast as I could with the traffic but the car was excellent.

Jace qualified in the B Main in stock.   He won the B main  flex and was bumped to the A Main.  Great results for his first big Mini-Z Race.

The Salt Lake Gang as a whole had great results,   We took home all the first place trophies, and a few others as well.

Stock – Brian 1st place
Nascar – Russ 1st. place
Stock Kyosho – Cygen 1st. place
F1 – Brian 1st place, Russ 3rd place
Pan – Brian 1st Place

We had great final results but it was far from trouble free,  Cygen had board problems with his F1 and wasn’t able to run it.   Chad had some really bad handling issues with his F1, but we got them sorted out (eventually).   Luke was having issued with his steering on his racer and handling problems with his F1.    Chad had a dirty servo and while taking it apart to clean lost a part.   He amazingly managed to find it and we got it back together in time to make the A-main and finished 5th.

Here are the results from the mains.  

A Main Stock
B Main Stock
C Main Stock
F1 A Main
Pan A Main
Nascar A Main

As always this is a great race to attend it’s lots of racing, and most of all it is a lot of fun.  This is a first class event and they always do a great job with it.  

A special thanks goes out to Julie Watts for running the event and keeping everything moving smoothly.   We really appreciate your hard work.

I’d also like to publically thank PN Racing for providing some great prizes for the raffle, everyone came home with some great PN items.

Also Team Scream Racing provided some Matched AAA’s for the raffle, I believe they were the first items to go from the raffle table.  The TSR Batteries were the biggest winner this weekend.  Every car that placed 1st. was running the TSR Matched batteries.   Simply the best batteries out there for your Z in my opinion.

For all those that didn’t make this race,  Hopefully you can make it out next year.     It’s well worth the trip.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 09:46:21 AM by briankstan » Logged

Adams
SLC Club Members

View Gallery

« Reply #41: January 17, 2011, 10:20:23 AM »

This event was amazing! That was so much fun I can't even handle it. I learned a lot about racing and that I NEED an F1, NASCAR, and pan car for next year. Vanessa also wants to come to our next race and drive a car. What a rush that was. I felt like I was shaking so bad and my heart was beating so fast that I thought I was gonna pass out haha
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #42: January 17, 2011, 10:24:42 AM »

Jace,  that great about Vanessa having fun and wanting to give it a try.    I know exactly haw you feel about the shaking and heart pounding.   I still get that same feeling.  eek

Robudda723
SLC Club Members

View Gallery

« Reply #43: January 17, 2011, 12:48:09 PM »

Congrats to all of you. Sounds like it is a great event that I should not miss next year. Can't wait for my car to show up. Hopefully it gets here this week.

Rob
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #44: January 17, 2011, 01:02:54 PM »

I've got a bunch of pictures,  I'll try and get them posted up tonight.

Pages: Prev 1 2 [3] 4 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Random Photo
Recent
[January 31, 2022, 07:34:33 AM]

[February 11, 2020, 09:45:58 AM]

by Russ
[January 22, 2020, 12:33:31 PM]

by Chad
[December 19, 2019, 05:15:45 PM]

by Russ