Salt Lake Mini-Z Club Forum
May 15, 2024, 03:32:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Our next race will be Thursday May 16th HFAY Races .  Come Join Us!!
If you have any questions about racing with us,  please make a post or add a comment in the shout box, and someone will help you with the answer.

Home Help Login Register   **
Donations
Donate Via Paypal and Help Support this site.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello, New Guy :)  (Read 7588 times)
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #1303: July 07, 2008, 11:53:05 AM »

So if you guys dont mind giving me some advice on which Mini-Z i should buy? 01, 02, AWD, or even 2.4ghz? and also where is the best to buy from? I am looking mostly for a RTR to get me going. Thanks in Advance

More in-depth answer to your question...

I would go with a MR-02 either the MM or the RM setup depending on the body that you would like to run.  you can change from one to the other by changing a few things, but either are good, but the body you want to run really dictates what setup you would want to run.  if you go with a new chassis set you get both configurations, but no controller or body. 

the 2.4ghz cars are good, however they are designed for use with the LM bodies and from my experience witht them they are not as durable as the other bodies.   if you go with a 2.4LM car and want to convert to use with a MM or RM body there are a few things that need to be changed,   the Motor mount, and the damper system that come on the LM cars won't work with any of the other bodies, that aren't 102mm long.

For Just getting started I would go with the AM MR-02 chassis and pick what body you would want to run.  they are very proven and it's what almost everyone in our club is running,  we are split about half and half as far as MM to RM setups.

the AWD is nice, but can be more frustrating and alot more expensive to run and upgrade in the long run.   When setup and running right it's a great handling car.

I'd stay away from the MR-01 as parts are hard to find and it's less reliable and the servo gears are easily broken as there isn't a servo saver.

if you have any other questions I'd be happy to help you out.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 11:57:06 AM by briankstan » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Random Photo
Recent
[January 31, 2022, 07:34:33 AM]

[February 11, 2020, 09:45:58 AM]

by Russ
[January 22, 2020, 12:33:31 PM]

by Chad
[December 19, 2019, 05:15:45 PM]