Salt Lake Mini-Z Club Forum
April 28, 2024, 10:05:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Our next race will be Thursday May 2nd Club Races .  Come Join Us!!
If you have any questions about racing with us,  please make a post or add a comment in the shout box, and someone will help you with the answer.

Home Help Login Register   **
Donations
Donate Via Paypal and Help Support this site.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HTAY or GBOGH  (Read 2712 times)
Nic-z
SLC Club Members

View Gallery

See it like it buy it sell it.

« Topic Start: February 18, 2008, 07:18:55 AM »

So I have been looking at other clubs and pics of random mini monster racing and frestyle, to be honest you guys have the most 'advanced' looking set up with ramps and such and thought how could we make this bigger, or go national with other clubs.  What if we video'd the monster class on race nights, then post the videos online to HTAY (How Trick Are You) or GBOGH (Go Big Or Go Home) and have a way where other clubs vote on our clubs freestyle runs, same kind of points system. At the end of the season we have prizes.  Even honorary prizes for 'tricked truck' or 'most air' etc.  Dunno maybe you guys already see some flaws as to why this won't work, but if anything we could have other clubs judge so its not bias if no other clubs join us. Just a thought.

Bring it! Team mental be loco!
CLODGUY
SLC Club Members

View Gallery

« Reply #1: February 18, 2008, 08:03:23 AM »

Hey Nic,   Thanxx for the compliment on the race courses, I used to help the vice president of the utah chapter of the NRCTPA.  We raced Clodbusters from 1998 to 2001, we even had our state finals at the 2000 Autorama  (f.y.i,,, I won ) 

It would be fun to post vids on some of these sites you mentioned,, but It would be harder for me to keep these scores current if I had to wait for them..   

I decided after some other scoring choices that this would be the least biased, because no-one is scoring their own trucks..

I like the idea about possible awards for "tricked out" "most air" but that starts turninig into alot of trophies, which arent exactly cheap,,( I spent almost $70.00 out of my own pocket for last years trophies)  but mabey could take up a collection for this years, and see what interest there would be in the extra categories

CLODGUY MOTORSPORTS
Nic-z
SLC Club Members

View Gallery

« Reply #2: February 18, 2008, 08:32:23 AM »

Sounds good, yeah if it got big we could look for sponsers so we wouldn't have to come out of pocket for trophies, however a collection could be an idea as well. As for keeping score, we could merly have a way for members of the HTAY to log in and 'vote' on their favorite clip for the week.  THat way the computer takes all the scores and keeps track for us...kinda like we can rate a photo or video in the Gallery just a thought there.  But yes the way we have scoring now works good and is unbais I was just thinking more on a multi club level, if anything it would bring more tracktion to our club since ya'll are far more advance in this class than most are I am sure.

briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #3: February 18, 2008, 08:47:28 AM »

I'll bring my camera and get some more video, 

we need some new videos to post anyways.   I'll get some more pictures as well.

Nic-z
SLC Club Members

View Gallery

« Reply #4: February 18, 2008, 09:50:58 AM »

sounds good I have a camera I'll bring to get multi angles, its not much but another "vantage point" could be helpful, or so that new movie seems to think so.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Random Photo
Recent
[January 31, 2022, 07:34:33 AM]

[February 11, 2020, 09:45:58 AM]

by Russ
[January 22, 2020, 12:33:31 PM]

by Chad
[December 19, 2019, 05:15:45 PM]