Salt Lake Mini-Z Club Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:00:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Our next race will be Thursday May 2nd Club Races .  Come Join Us!!
If you have any questions about racing with us,  please make a post or add a comment in the shout box, and someone will help you with the answer.

Home Help Login Register   **
Donations
Donate Via Paypal and Help Support this site.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Racing Location Discussion  (Read 3731 times)
Russ
Global Moderator

View Gallery

Man I'm a SPAZ!!

« Topic Start: October 29, 2012, 11:29:04 AM »

I have been looking into a building that we could possibly race in.

The goals would be to:
- Have a place that is warm and dry in the winter.
- Keep Brians track at the location.
- Have access in the evenings.
- Be as cheap as possible.

Questions are:
1. Are you interested in having a bigger place?
2. What are you willing to contribute (work, time, money, etc.)?
3. Would you be willing to pay for racing?
4. How far would you travel?

Please post your thoughts and comments and let see if this is even worth looking into.

We have been very fortunate to race at Brians house and really appreciate him and his family hosting us.
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #1: October 29, 2012, 02:24:15 PM »

Russ and I have been talking about this,  I asked him to post it up and see what you guys think.   Nothing is set or decided, we are just throwing out some idea to get your opinions.

Racing at my house is still an option,  sometimes it can be crowded, but hasn't been too bad.  Post up you ideas and opinions if you have them.

there is also a chance that we can rent a larger room so the endurance or larger track races can be held inside and be run during the winter.  rates would be around $15hr. or so.

CLODGUY
SLC Club Members

View Gallery

« Reply #2: October 29, 2012, 05:06:04 PM »

A bigger place would be great, but......

How much are we talking about ?,, I can go out to magna and race all night for $10.00

How far are we talking about ?  Magna?? Idaho?? Vegas??  as long as its in the valley, I dont see much of a problem

Always willing to help with work on the building.

The only problem I see is,, There is basically the 6 of us to split all of the costs , and I dont think any of us has won the lottery recently... Unless we suddenly get 10 to 20 more people to come and race EVERY single race, This would be a really heavy burden on all of us.

I'll support the club and its decisions as long as I can,, But it all comes down to cash.. If its going to start costing a-lot, i have to draw the line some-where .

Just my 2cents

luke

CLODGUY MOTORSPORTS
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #3: October 30, 2012, 05:41:01 AM »

Luke,  you share the same opinion as we all do, so it's nothing new.   We want to keep it affordable for sure.   we were thinking somewhere in the $10 a night range would all we would be willing to do do.   if we had a larger group the cost would obviously be lower.   It's kind of a catch 22 really.   With more room and a dedicated place we "may" be able to get some more dedicated people and have room to support it.

In the end we don't want to disrupt what we have going either,  that being a bunch of friends hanging out Racing and having fun.   

Chad
Global Moderator

View Gallery

« Reply #4: October 30, 2012, 09:55:59 AM »

Well i think it would be great to race in a bigger place. In the valley. Money is the issue here though. It is hard enough for me to pay for parts and keeping my cars in tip top shape as it is. Also are you guys sure that with a bigger place we would get more dedicated racers? We had the other warehouse and didnt have to pay anything and the crowds were almost always the 6 of us. The main thing is the day of the week for most people. Not many people can race on thursday nights but most of us cant race any other day. You are saying 10 dollars a night... Are you expecting to keep the place open daily for people to race? Or is this just going to be the same racing schedule we have now? Lots of questions to answer and situations to consider. If you get this building would you be planning regional races or other big races also?
Chad
Global Moderator

View Gallery

« Reply #5: October 30, 2012, 11:32:56 AM »

Dont get me wrong i like the idea of a nice big place for nice big tracks. Im just saying that these discussions should cover EVERY possible situation before people make a decision.  flex
Russ
Global Moderator

View Gallery

Man I'm a SPAZ!!

« Reply #6: October 30, 2012, 11:37:16 AM »

Keep in mind that this is really all hypothetical, just a question to see if its even something we might want to consider. Some are asking for specifics and really there arent any since its just an idea at this point.

In general I was trying to look into a place to race on Thursdays that we could get for very cheap or free. What I'm hearing back is that the landlords will want the utilities in my name and a temporary lease but they havent said what the lease price would be if any. Also since they are actively trying to get a permanent lease for the space they would want us to be able to vacate with 10-30 days notice. Thats about all the specifics I can offer at this time.

Really what we need is a person that knows somebody that has a place big enough to keep the track at that we can race a couple times a month. Like the old warehouse.

But to answer my own original post I would say.

1. Yes, bigger tracks and more room are great. But really Brians basement works fine.
2. Work, time, money, vehicle, body and mind, anything to promote the club.
3. Yes, depending on how much.
4. Up to 1/2 hour or up to 20 miles one way, less depending on racing cost.
Chad
Global Moderator

View Gallery

« Reply #7: October 30, 2012, 11:49:27 AM »

I understand it is hypothetical. Its just good that questions are being asked and situations given as if it was a reality. Helps out with the whole process. And quit using big words Frustrated your giving me a headache.  big-grin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Random Photo
Recent
[January 31, 2022, 07:34:33 AM]

[February 11, 2020, 09:45:58 AM]

by Russ
[January 22, 2020, 12:33:31 PM]

by Chad
[December 19, 2019, 05:15:45 PM]

by Russ