Salt Lake Mini-Z Club Forum
April 29, 2024, 03:58:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Our next race will be Thursday May 2nd Club Races .  Come Join Us!!
If you have any questions about racing with us,  please make a post or add a comment in the shout box, and someone will help you with the answer.

Home Help Login Register   **
Donations
Donate Via Paypal and Help Support this site.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: new guy  (Read 6258 times)
adam
SLC Club Members

View Gallery

« Topic Start: February 08, 2009, 12:22:26 AM »

Hi, I happened upon the site here from a link on ebay, (I think). I'm still trying to win me an F1 for an OK price and then I'll hopefully see you all at a race soon. One question I have is, what's different on the special edition F1 and is it worth the price? Kyosho's site doesn't really lay it out, the only thing my untrained eye could see was the aluminum heat sink. Another question I guess would be, when you race, do you have different categories in F1, because if a SE is faster than a normal car, then I guess it would have to race in a different class.

So hi everyone, hope to be racing with you all soon.
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #1: February 08, 2009, 10:38:51 AM »

Hi Adam,   I don't think there is anything really special about the SE,   I think it just comes with the heat sink and maybe bearings.   if you change the motor mount later in an upgrade (you probably will eventually)  than you won't need the heat sink that comes with the SE.

For our F1 Class you only need to run the HFAY Spec Motor.   All other upgrades are allowed.

Our next race is on the 19th of February (thursday night, 6pm)  Hope you can make it out.

Welcome to our forums.  Let me know if you have any questions.

Russ
Global Moderator

View Gallery

Man I'm a SPAZ!!

« Reply #2: February 08, 2009, 02:34:48 PM »

Welcome Adam,
Thanks for joining. Brian has about the best answer for your question. The F1 racing is really fun. Hope you win the car your looking at and come join us for some racing.  flex
adam
SLC Club Members

View Gallery

« Reply #3: February 21, 2009, 09:09:47 PM »

Yes! I won the Lewis Hamilton F1 car, and... It arrived! The thing is beautiful! I can wait to try it out. Are there other Lewis Hamiltons in the  Salt Lake club?  I didn't make the race this week because we had the surprise that our 4 week old baby boy had a condition called pyloric stenosis. The outlet valve on his tummy was too tight so nothing was getting through and he was throwing up. It's been a crazy 3 days, it all happened very quickly, but it's a blessing to have Primary Children's Medical Center here. They operated and he was better right away. We're very thankful.  Maybe I can make the next one.
Russ
Global Moderator

View Gallery

Man I'm a SPAZ!!

« Reply #4: February 21, 2009, 09:30:01 PM »

No one at SLMZ runs that F1 body yet. I was thinking about buying a brand new one like that but probably wont, so you should have the only one like it. Its a great looking car. Sorry to hear about your baby. Hopefully everything works out well for you. We look forward to seeing you next time.
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #5: February 22, 2009, 12:51:21 PM »

Chad and Ryan both run Mclarens,  but neither of them are running that body.  theirs are the older black bodies,   that Lewis Hamilton body is pretty sweet with the silver and orange.

Sorry to hear about your son,  I hope all is will and he has a quick recovery.   

Just post on the boards when you will be able to make it out.   the Schedule is updated and there is a new headline at the top that alway has the next race information.   

adam
SLC Club Members

View Gallery

« Reply #6: February 22, 2009, 08:18:43 PM »

Thank you. My son seems to be doing very well.

I ran my car in the kitchen today. I love it. I need to glue one of the little side wings, looks like it didn't get attached properly when they put the body together.

It runs great, it's my first Mini Z, much nicer than X mods. The only problem I'm having is the steering servo is being twitchy and nothing I do seems to stop it. It's a problem because when I drive straight it'll twitch and pull the car it to one side. Any suggestions? When I had a bad servo on a losi Micro T, I just called them and they sent me a new one, free of charge. Is Kyosho like that?

I love the way it handles, the sensitivity of the throttle, just like a real F1 car, even doing donuts looks like realistic victory celebrating.
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #7: February 22, 2009, 10:01:13 PM »

you could be geting a little interference and that would cause some glitching.   you will want to be a little careful driving around the house as they F1's can break pretty easily especially the front wing it you hit something hard.    that's what is so great about the RCP track that we race on,  you have to worry more about contact with other drivers than you do with the track damaging a car.  The track is made of foam. Smiley

I bet once you get to actually race it you'll be even more impressed with it.  The typical mini-z does have a jittery servo but should only be jittery when idle and not under power.   The first thing you will need are tires for sure.  that will solve the spinouts,  the stock tires are way to hard for the surface we run on.   I have tires in the store or you can get them at the next race you attend.   Other thank tires you should be good to go until your have a little more track time under your belt to improve the speed.    Our next race will be on March 5th.

adam
SLC Club Members

View Gallery

« Reply #8: February 23, 2009, 12:01:12 AM »

Right, as I drove it more, the jitters did go away under power. I was driving very conservatively today in the kitchen, I only had a couple of low speed collisions, so far, the body is still intact.

Is there ever a chance to drive on the track between races? Thursdays are kind of a busy night for me, especially for the next couple of months.
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #9: February 23, 2009, 07:03:27 AM »

Is there ever a chance to drive on the track between races? Thursdays are kind of a busy night for me, especially for the next couple of months.

Pick a that is good for your,  your welcome to come to my house and give it a go.  I pretty much always have a track set and I have the timing system there.  My boy can race as well so it will give you a good idea about what a race night is like.  We could even see if anyone else would like to come and practice.   Most nights are good for me,  after about 5:30pm, and Weekends are also good.

it's quite a bit different driving on a track than just on the floor,  add other cars in close proximity and you've got a pretty exciting racing experience.

adam
SLC Club Members

View Gallery

« Reply #10: February 24, 2009, 11:29:18 PM »

Thanks, I'll just get in touch with you when I think I'll have time to come drive and you can let me know if it'll work or not. Hopefully within the next few weeks. Smiley
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #11: February 27, 2009, 07:19:09 PM »

Adam I see you were able to create your gallery,  now post up some pics in there... Smiley   the easiest way to do it is select but bulk add pictures and depending on the speed of you internet and the size of the picture you won't want to try to add more than 3-5 at a time.

briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #12: March 02, 2009, 07:57:10 AM »

Adam,  I upgraded you account to a SLC Member,  this way you can upload your pictures without me needing to approve them.  I've approved the 5 you added of your F1,  they are now in the gallery.   the Mclaren sure looks nice.  big-grin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Random Photo
Recent
[January 31, 2022, 07:34:33 AM]

[February 11, 2020, 09:45:58 AM]

by Russ
[January 22, 2020, 12:33:31 PM]

by Chad
[December 19, 2019, 05:15:45 PM]

by Russ