Salt Lake Mini-Z Club Forum
May 18, 2024, 04:00:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Our next race will be Thursday May 16th HFAY Races .  Come Join Us!!
If you have any questions about racing with us,  please make a post or add a comment in the shout box, and someone will help you with the answer.

Home Help Login Register   **
Donations
Donate Via Paypal and Help Support this site.

Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RCP West Coast Challenge 2009  (Read 7721 times)
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Topic Start: December 19, 2008, 05:01:58 PM »

Quote from: RCPMini-z from Mini-zracer.com

Anyone interested in participating in the upcoming event in 2009? (www.rcx.com)

Last years race was a huge success and the show in 2009 is already shaping up to be the best RCX event ever. The planning has already started for the April RCP West Coast event. Philip, from Kenon Hobbies/Pn Racing has already signed up as a sponsor and will be running the races for the event just as last year. As most of you know, Philip and his crew always put on a well organized event. I am sure Mini-zracer will be involved along with other small scale RC manufacturers/companies.

We are still working out all the details for sponsorship opportunities and other special deals for the drivers and those who come down to watch. Stay tuned for an official post on the event containing driver sign up information, show details, rules, trophies, prizes, hotel and other information.

Have a great Holidays all!
Best regards,
John Billig
RCP Tracks, Inc

briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #1: December 21, 2008, 08:03:13 PM »

I talked with shuman, and I'm planning on making this event if it happens,   let me know if you are interested and we'll put together a plan.

We can share rooms and a rental to make things as inexpensive as possible, let me know if you are interested.

so far a quick check on prices

Friday April 17 - Sunday April 19

airfare: $300 round tip
car: $130 for the whole time
Room: $

« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 08:07:41 PM by briankstan » Logged

briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #2: December 30, 2008, 07:13:12 AM »

Udate on the package,  $432 per person,  assuming we share a room and car.

$380-470 per person on expedia.  this is dependant on the room mostly.   this is leaving on Friday, and coming home on monday.

everything included,  flight, room, car. 
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 07:57:39 AM by briankstan » Logged

briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #3: January 16, 2009, 11:17:39 AM »

FYI, For those that might be intersted in possibly going to RCX.   I have found the following airfare prices:

Jet Blue:  $79 each way (from Salt Lake to Long Beach, it's about 45 Minute drive to Pomona)
Southwest: $248 round trip (from Salt Lake to Ontario, 5 minutes from Pomona)
Delta Arilines:$248 round trip (from Salt Lake to Ontario, 5 minutes from Pomona)

Delta is a direct flight,  southwest has either a stop/transfer in Las Vegas or Phoenix.  So at the current rate Delta is a better deal.   Jetblue is cheaper, but requires a longer drive to the Pomona Fairplex.

briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #4: February 16, 2009, 02:01:41 PM »

Delta now how non stop round trip tickets to Ontario, California for $170.   that's a pretty good deal.

briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #5: February 28, 2009, 05:24:15 PM »

I was just doing some checking,  it look like the drive to Pomona California is at about 9 1/2 hours (655 miles).   I don't know if you guys would be interested in driving down,  it sure would be a lot cheaper than flying for everyone involved and you wouldn't have to worry about your gear getting damaged by the airlines.    I have a free flight but can use if at another time.

What I would propose is possibly leaving very early in the morning on Friday,  maybe 4:30am.   this would put us on site about 2:30pm assuming we didn't stop much.  Then we would leave on Monday Morning and drive home.   RCX is open on Saturday and Sunday.   Lots of racing, and some Eye Candy as well.  big-grin

estimating driving cost would be less than $100 round trip.  We can get a inexpensive hotel room to keep cost down,   This trip would be doable for a pretty reasonable price.

PN Racing will be running a PN Regional race during RXC and finish within the top 8 from any class will qualify you for the 2009 World Cup (it's in Spain this year).  Might not be able to make that race, but it would be cool to actually qualify for it.

Last year the racing was really good, there were about 40 drivers participating and lots of fast compitition.   I know I'm alot fast than I was last year and look forward to comparing myself against some of the best in the world.  I bet the 2008 World Champions will be there.

Anyways,   I just wanted to see if this would possibly entice Luke and Chad to posssibly go.   I know that Russ is trying his best to get this into his budget and this might help as well.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 05:29:12 PM by briankstan » Logged

Russ
Global Moderator

View Gallery

Man I'm a SPAZ!!

« Reply #6: March 07, 2009, 01:01:19 PM »

After a new developement the possiblity of me going is looking better. Driving sucks for sure but it is the least expensive option. I am very interested in giving it a try. If we shared rooms and gas It could be a fun and relatively cheap trip and super fun experience. The racing is fun, but the show is really cool to check out also. It is an RC'ers  Censored Dream.
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #7: March 07, 2009, 01:46:53 PM »

that's great.   Let's work the the detail.  I can always use the flight for other thing,  I have to use it this year, or loose it.

If it will get other people to go by driving, I'm all for it.   On question is though,  What do we drive?   I don't think Shuman will let me take her car for that long.  Maybe we could look at renting something?  We would want an economical car for sure,  that pretty rules out the my Mustang, plus it doesn't have much room.

briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #8: March 12, 2009, 08:13:48 AM »

It’s official.  The RCX race with be the first Regional race for the PN World Cup 2009.   you can see the official track that we will be running on and the rules posted below.

Note:  F1 is not included in the PNWC this year, but it will be included in the Event at RXC.   SWEET !!

We are getting close to this race,  it's coming up in 5 weeks.   if you are considering going please try and nail it down so we can make plans to drive.   If I'm the only one going I need to book my tickets pretty soon.   I also have a discount room on the property if I'm going alone, but I have to make reservations pretty soon as well.   I'll do what ever I can to make it the least expensive if you guys can swing it..  it will be lots of Fun.

Quote from: PNracing
PNWC 2009 Rules and Regulations

Version 09.01 last updated Feb19, 2009

« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 08:19:34 AM by briankstan » Logged

briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #9: March 13, 2009, 10:10:31 AM »

Update on Airlines prices.

Tickets on Southwest today are $181 round trip.

Russ
Global Moderator

View Gallery

Man I'm a SPAZ!!

« Reply #10: March 13, 2009, 12:39:21 PM »

Ya I saw that this morning. Still out of my price range though Cry once you add a room and a car and stuff. If I can go I'm pretty sure the only way will be by car but flying would be way cooler. I will try to get a firm yes or no by this weekend if I can  :-\.

Brian I know you are going regardless and I hate to string you along waiting for me to find out if I can go or not. It would probably be in your best interest to schedule what you need and then if I'm able to go I will just work with that. Do you have any commitment from anybody else? The more that go the cheaper it will be on gas and rooms if we drove.
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #11: March 15, 2009, 04:35:20 PM »

I'm perfectly cool with driving.   it fact I would perfer it for the safety of my gear.   I'd also be able to take everything I want to rather than what will fit in my bag. 

it would be fun to drive as well.   I'm more just keeping tabs on everything so see if anyone else is considering it.    I would like to make the plans as soon as possible just so I don't miss out on the flights or rooms that I can get if I'm going solo.   Plus it would be alot more fun for me to have fellow club members there for the fun factor as welll as racing support.   

I bet if I had to I could convince Shuman to let me use the van.  that would really bring the cost down more unless someone has access to a real economical car.

I'm thinking we could do the trip for $150 a person, and thats just if there is 2 of us.

Russ
Global Moderator

View Gallery

Man I'm a SPAZ!!

« Reply #12: March 16, 2009, 08:41:37 AM »

The "Chance O Meter" is looking pretty bad right now Frustrated. The wife's really against me going. I'm going to keep working on it but it really doesnt look good. She did kind of raise an eyebrow at the $150 dollars but the money isnt the only issue. Its the fact that I just went to Wyoming for the other race and she doesnt think I need to be traveling to go racing all the time. The fact that I'm unemployed is just the icing on the cake. I'll keep at it but if you need to book airfare and hotel to make sure you got it you should.
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #13: March 17, 2009, 03:33:09 PM »

I just found out that since this is a PN Regional race (during RXC) that they standard race entry fees apply.   $30 for the first class, 2 for each additional class.   it's an additional $70 for me for the 3 classes I'll be running.   eek

Chad
Global Moderator

View Gallery

« Reply #14: March 17, 2009, 03:46:54 PM »

If you havent figured out by now. Frustrated I wont be going. I have no way of getting the time off on the vacation roster at work. No one will give it up  Censored.
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Random Photo
Recent
[January 31, 2022, 07:34:33 AM]

[February 11, 2020, 09:45:58 AM]

by Russ
[January 22, 2020, 12:33:31 PM]

by Chad
[December 19, 2019, 05:15:45 PM]

by Russ