Salt Lake Mini-Z Club Forum
May 22, 2024, 10:13:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Our next race will be Thursday May 16th HFAY Races .  Come Join Us!!
If you have any questions about racing with us,  please make a post or add a comment in the shout box, and someone will help you with the answer.

Home Help Login Register   **
Donations
Donate Via Paypal and Help Support this site.

Pages: Prev 1 2 [3] 4 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mini-Z Road Trip (Feb 7th, 2009)  (Read 29027 times)
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #30: January 31, 2009, 10:11:57 AM »

Brian..... 2 things.... 1 cygen doesnt have a short day? I thought fridays were short days.  2. Keep an eye on the weather, I was watching fox 13 weather and they have storms on friday. It might be a stormy drive up there. big-grin

he is in private school, so no early Friday's.   I can pick him up early if the weather is going to be bad.  This will allow us more time for the drive if we need it.

Chad
Global Moderator

View Gallery

« Reply #31: February 02, 2009, 03:54:36 PM »

Just to keep everyone informed. The weather is saying rain/snow friday into saturday, clearing up sunday. so we might have to leave earlier than expected. Censored
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #32: February 02, 2009, 04:05:09 PM »

I check the weather (online) and it said rain showers on friday,  and I checked the weather for Riverton, WY and it looks clear on both friday and saturday.     it looks like we will be driving away from the storm.   Hopefully.   

Russ
Global Moderator

View Gallery

Man I'm a SPAZ!!

« Reply #33: February 03, 2009, 07:54:13 AM »

so we might have to leave earlier than expected. Censored

The earlier the better IMO. Pull Cygen early Brian Wink
branhap

View Gallery

« Reply #34: February 03, 2009, 09:55:35 AM »

Regarding weather. My wife is a meteorologist for the National Weather Service here in Riverton. She's currently off work, goes in Thursday night. I've asked her to keep me up to date on the weather and give me an update Thursday night. I'll definitely try and get you that information on here as soon as possible, Thursday & Friday.

I also recommend you check out, Wyoming Department of Transportation Travel Information Service for road conditions.

They have web cams for Evanston, Green River, Rock Springs, and South Pass. All the main areas with weather potential on your trip over.

Currently South Pass is at 50% and will be a rain/snow mix possibly, but how heavy is hard to say right now.
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #35: February 03, 2009, 10:17:01 AM »

Thanks for the update Paul.   I'll keep an eye on those links and will look for any updates you post. 

briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #36: February 04, 2009, 03:35:01 PM »

Don't forget we are meeting tomorrow for our test and tune session.   we will be running some races as well.  it'll just be a fun night.  track will be open from 6-9:30pm.

well will also finalize plans for when we will be leaving on Friday to head to Riverton for the race.

branhap

View Gallery

« Reply #37: February 05, 2009, 08:05:05 PM »

Weather looks like light snow, but a bit windy tomorrow. (Less than an inch of accumulation.)

Be safe going over the mountain passes!
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #38: February 05, 2009, 09:52:34 PM »

Weather looks like light snow, but a bit windy tomorrow. (Less than an inch of accumulation.)

Be safe going over the mountain passes!

Thanks Paul,  We decided to leave earlier so we will be driving in the light.   We are going to be leaving around 12:30.

CLODGUY
SLC Club Members

View Gallery

« Reply #39: February 08, 2009, 01:59:36 AM »

Well we're back,,, battered , bruised and scarred..   Had an awesome day of racing

Congrats. to Brian for his awesome win in the pancar class, also his first place in mini z stock.

Congrats to chad for his second place in mini z stock.

Congrats to cygen for his second place in the box stock class

I managed a decent first place in the pancar B-main,, not bad for first time in the class.

Thats a total of four trophies for the salt lake guys flex

They even had the local news out doing a report on the races,, several of the racers
  (including myself) were interviewed about the hobby .

All and all it was a great time, and we cant wait to go again

CLODGUY MOTORSPORTS
branhap

View Gallery

« Reply #40: February 08, 2009, 09:36:28 AM »

Hey guys, no results yet. But photos can be found at Ice Melter 2009

Thanks for coming down guys. It was definitely fun.

Paul

** Removed email so you don't get spammed ** -Brian
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 11:30:29 AM by briankstan » Logged
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #41: February 08, 2009, 10:50:42 AM »

Hey guys, no results yet. But photos can be found at Ice Melter 2009

Thanks for coming down guys. It was definitely fun.

Paul

Result were sent,  let me know if you anything else.

briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #42: February 08, 2009, 11:29:12 AM »

We all had a great time, it was a big hit with everyone.   We will be planning a return trip for next years event. 

Cygen had a great time and really enjoyed racing with everyone.   He asked my wife this morning if we could go and do it again next week.   big-grin     He enjoyed hanging out with Sean and of course playing the DS.   it was great for him to race with some kids that were closer to his age.

For Me is was a great time and I was surprised  with the result that I got.   I've seen a big improvement in the last year, and it sure translated into these races.   I especially enjoyed the Modified pan car class,  My car was hooking up and I had speed to spare.   My MR-02 was hooking up well and was nice and smooth to drive.  F1 on the other hand was giving me some trouble and I just didn't have the time to adjust for it, so I just had to deal with what it was,   it wasn't bad, but wasn't great either.

Luke had a great showing with his pan car winning the B Main,and Russ managed to squeek into the A main over Luke by a very small margin (less than half a second).   Chad was also have some grip issues with his F1 but managed to make the A main.

There was some really tight racing all the way down the board.  Top 3 (Shannon, Paul, and Myself) in pan car qualified within 2.39 seconds of each other.  (I managed to grab TQ with 28 laps in 5:01.33).

MR-02 stock the top 3 (Nic, Paul and Myself) all qualified within 5.13 seconds. (Nic managed to grab TQ with 28 laps in 5:03.34).

In F1 Nic managed the top spot with 2 laps to spare with 29 laps in 5:06.45,  followed by Shannon and Sam.

Kyosho Stock was a great class. Sean TQ'ed the class followed by Cygen and Caleb.  it was some great racing for the stock Kyosho class.   Sean Manged the win with a hard charging Cygen gaining ground at the end but still came up 1 lap short.  Congrats to Sean.  (Cygen had alot of fun hanging out with you for the day).

Nascar was all Sam,  he TQ'ed, and came away with the first place trophy.  His car was dialed in.   I don't think I've seen a Nascar Mini-Z handle that good.   Nice driving as well.  Sean came in Second and Brad in 3rd.

Special thanks to Julie for running the event and being Race Director and Commentator.   You did a excelled job with calling the race, keeping the Audience informed and it was a pleasure to help where I could.

Thanks to Shannon, Paul and Julie for setting up such a great event.   We will surely plan on making the next one.   Keep us informed on on dates and we get it on our schedule.

briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #43: February 08, 2009, 03:55:24 PM »

trophy Presentations from the Race..

Quote from: branhap
Trophies were handed out by the Wild West Winter Carnival 2008 King & Queen.

Stock mini-z

3rd Place - Nic Watts (Riverton, WY)

2nd Place - Chad (Salt Lake City, UT)

1st Place - Brian (Salt Lake City, UT)

Mini-z F1

3rd Place - Sam (Pueblo, Colorado)

2nd Place - Shannon Watts (Riverton, WY)

1st Place - Nic Watts (Riverton, WY)

Mini-z Pan Car

3rd Place - Shannon Watts (Riverton, WY)

2nd Place - Paul Branham (Riverton, WY)

1st Place - Brian (Salt Lake City, UT)

NASCAR Mini-z

3rd Place - Brad Morton (Riverton, WY)

2nd Place - Sean Watts (Riverton, WY)

1st Place - Sam (Pueblo, CO)

Kyosho Stock Mini-z

3rd Place - Caleb (Riverton, WY)

2nd Place - Cygen (Salt Lake City, UT)

1st Place - Sean Watts (Riverton, WY)

branhap

View Gallery

« Reply #44: February 08, 2009, 07:48:15 PM »

Race Results are posted at the Wyoming Modelers Park Site.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 06:14:29 AM by briankstan » Logged
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3] 4 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Random Photo
Recent
[January 31, 2022, 07:34:33 AM]

[February 11, 2020, 09:45:58 AM]

by Russ
[January 22, 2020, 12:33:31 PM]

by Chad
[December 19, 2019, 05:15:45 PM]