Salt Lake Mini-Z Club Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:20:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Our next race will be Thursday May 2nd Club Races .  Come Join Us!!
If you have any questions about racing with us,  please make a post or add a comment in the shout box, and someone will help you with the answer.

Home Help Login Register   **
Donations
Donate Via Paypal and Help Support this site.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Freedom Enduro 2008  (Read 1287 times)
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Topic Start: September 29, 2008, 10:25:49 AM »

Here it is, the feedom enduro information.    I know it's late, but hey, non of you guys posted about it either lol  angel

We had intended to run a 1 hour race with the Racers and a 500 lap race with the Formula 1 cars on a large oval. We decided to just run both races for an hour as we decided to not change the track to an Oval and just run the layout we ran the racers on.

Here is a drawing of the track we ran, and the trophies. (you can click them for larger views).

here are the results from the race....  my 5 year old son Cygen also raced in the 1 hour Racer race and finished it. eek  My wife was nice enought to take care of changing his batteries and fixing tires, etc. if he had issuees. :cool:

it was a great race, the track had a good flow and was fast,  we ran outside in the middle of summer so that means hot, it also means good traction.   the track cools some when the sun goes down, but since it was still hot, the track didn't cool much so traction stayed good the entire night.

Racer 1hr Enduro Race

the racer race started out clean, everyone was off and in for a grueling race,  Ryan had the early machanical problems with a broken H-plate.  he was off the track for quite a while, but managed to get it back together and back on his way.  Chad also suffered from a few thrown tires, he managed to hold off Russ who what running a clean race and was only 2 laps behind Chad at the end to claim the third podium spot and trophy, Luke ran a good race and came in 4th, (see his 4th place pic,  Frustrated )  I managed a nice clean race, with no problems to mention and came in with a 10 lap lead.  Cygen in his first race over 8 minutes managed to stay on the track for the entire hour and came in 5th thanks to Ryans car issues,  a great finish for 5 year old.

Finishing positions and race stats.

Brian - 1st place 245 laps (briankstan)
Chad - 2nd place 235 laps (FastMoFo)
Russ - 3rd place 233 laps (Bash N Thrash)
Luke - 4th place 214 laps (Clodguy)
Cygen - 5th place 85 laps
Ryan - 6th place 80 laps

Fast Lap - Brian - 12.52

F1 1hr Enduro

the one hour F1 race got off to a good start, and I took a health lead but it was not to be,  I suffered machanical issues with my motor mount screws working their way loose,  I ended up off the track in search of the right screws to get the car back on the track.  Chad seized the moment and was not to be caught by anyone, his race was clean and fast and he took the win in our inagural F1 enduro.   meanwhile I had managed to get my car back on the track and hold on to second place.   Ryan had no issues with his F1 and was able to hold off luke by 2 laps to bring in third place and claim his trophy.   Russ was having some traction issues and came in 5th. 

Finishing positions and race stats

Chad - 1st place - 242 laps
Brian - 2nd place - 227 laps (briankstan)
Ryan - 3rd place - 201 laps
Luke - 4th place - 199 laps
Russ - 5th place - 181 laps (Bash N Thrash)

Fast Lap - Brian - 12.48

Lukes 4th place finish in both races...Maybe in the next one.  flex

this one is just to funny to pass up,  Chad trying to stay cool

It was a great time as alway.   As to Lukes Suggestion it looks like we might be running 2 enduro races a year. big-grin

here are a few shots of the Track..  you can see the full size in Ryans Gallery

« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 01:03:32 PM by briankstan » Logged

CLODGUY
SLC Club Members

View Gallery

« Reply #1: September 30, 2008, 07:09:59 AM »

cooool,,, cant wait for the winter enduro...  Thanx for posting the results

CLODGUY MOTORSPORTS
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #2: September 30, 2008, 09:55:58 AM »

cooool,,, cant wait for the winter enduro...  Thanx for posting the results

we'll have to set a date that we will know we can race in the warehouse and setup as large a track as possible.   we don't want to have to run all the cars on a little track,  that would be more like a crash derby.  eek

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Random Photo
Recent
[January 31, 2022, 07:34:33 AM]

[February 11, 2020, 09:45:58 AM]

by Russ
[January 22, 2020, 12:33:31 PM]

by Chad
[December 19, 2019, 05:15:45 PM]

by Russ