Salt Lake Mini-Z Club Forum
May 15, 2024, 12:22:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Our next race will be Thursday May 16th HFAY Races .  Come Join Us!!
If you have any questions about racing with us,  please make a post or add a comment in the shout box, and someone will help you with the answer.

Home Help Login Register   **
Donations
Donate Via Paypal and Help Support this site.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: xmod class  (Read 3440 times)
Nic-z
SLC Club Members

View Gallery

See it like it buy it sell it.

« Topic Start: February 20, 2008, 07:11:52 PM »

Well as it turns out I got another person wanting to join.  He's 10 or 12 and has  a brother that would like to join as well.  They live here in provo and have xmods.  Ryan Robbinson our newest offical sign up member has an xmod and lives in springville.  He has five friends all of which will be starting out with buying xmods due to the low cost and move from there.  I am working out a setup down in Ryans basement in springville, where we will have race night once a week.  Obviously the goal is to get them to go mini-z but for the time being if they want to join our club we'll need to have xmod class.  I have two xmods and I know brian has alteast one.  The six others down here makes seven which is more than we currently have racing 02's on a regular basis.  Just a thought, none will be able to make the race tomorrow but I am sure they will the next time around if they get their cars in time....Just thought I would throw that out there. Thanks.

Nic

Bring it! Team mental be loco!
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #1: February 20, 2008, 10:42:43 PM »

I have always said that we will run a class as long as we have people participating in it.

I'm ok with the Xmod class.   I  have 2 of them still,  an original and an EVO.   I would need to add the tight turn kit to my original as it won't make the corners.

I'll need to know that they will be coming,   I'll need names for the timing system and they will of course need transponders for the cars.

they are more than welcome to come and join the forums as well. The more participation the better.  Grin

Nic-z
SLC Club Members

View Gallery

« Reply #2: February 21, 2008, 06:38:36 AM »

I talked to Ryan this morning, and asked him to join the forums, right now he is looking for xmods to buy for around 20 a piece, he won't have much luck unless he gets some locally used. But none of the five friends have cars yet, so were a little down the road before they will be racing let alone coming to the club to race but I will keep you posted, I mentioned for Ryan to joing the forums hopefully we see him on here shortly.

briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #3: February 21, 2008, 08:26:47 AM »

new Xmods are available online at Radio Shack for $29

you can also get free shipping if you use ship to store.

Transformers Bumblebee Camaro Xmod

Transformers Barricade Mustang Xmod
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 08:30:08 AM by briankstan » Logged

Russ
Global Moderator

View Gallery

Man I'm a SPAZ!!

« Reply #4: February 21, 2008, 08:34:43 AM »

(Thats funny I was typing this reply while you posted yours Brian.)

I'm in on the Xmods. I think I stand a chance racing with mine.  Cool

If your friends want cars then I really would suggest Radio Shack for the Evo's They are $29.97 for a brand new Camaro or Mustang Transformer car. But they have Evo chassis under them so the tight turns modification isnt needed. Not to mention it could be challenging for newbies to install. The hopups and stuff at Radio Shack are almost non existant for Xmods so if they race just box stock they should be fine. Big problem will be grippy tires. Me and about 4 guys used to race the Xmods at work. We all had fairly stock cars and they worked fine.

Another option is to consider buying used MR-01's. They usually can be had for about $50 on ebay. Then PN RCP tires can be used. And they are alot faster and more tuneable. We could have an 01 class. big-grin

Either way I'm in.
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #5: February 21, 2008, 09:06:38 AM »

if we are going to have a class I'll be racing mine as well.

I have a pretty hopped up Mustang, bearings, AWD, Lights, underlights,  I think I'm running the stage 2 in it.

I still have most of My Xmod stuff, so it would be nice to use it finally.   Anyone want to bring theirs to the race tonight and we can give them a workout?

Nic-z
SLC Club Members

View Gallery

« Reply #6: February 21, 2008, 09:29:14 AM »

I just sold my nsx fully hopped up and hummer last night for about 50 each on ebay. I still have a skyline w/lights, 4wd stage 2 and liths. and an evo scion tc with 4wd tiths lights underglow bearings etc. but I didn't read your post about bringing them tonight till now and I already left the house for the day next time.  I will be selling atleast one if not both, since I like mini-z more however I do want to race with you guys so I will keep one xmod the other one (the TC ) will sell locally for 55 or I'll just post it on ebay and I know I will get atleast 65 w/o shippin for it due to the countless upgrades.

briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #7: February 21, 2008, 10:02:08 AM »

if we do intigrate this as a regular class, we will have to discuss the rules of what is allowed and not. 

Typically we set our rules up to run on 4 AAA's for power, Standard fets configuration, Limit the motor to certain types, and allow any suspension and tire upgrades (except foam).

Nic-z
SLC Club Members

View Gallery

« Reply #8: February 21, 2008, 10:53:38 AM »

true, I think with xmods the nature of them being the way they are (tight turns mod etc.) think a mod class would be great.

briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #9: February 21, 2008, 11:53:34 AM »

we could just do a "run whatcha brung" class for the Xmods.   it doesn't really matter to me.   remember it's now how fast you go.  it's how consistantly you drive.

Nic-z
SLC Club Members

View Gallery

« Reply #10: February 21, 2008, 12:37:27 PM »

Thats why I am not too worried about the xmod class, besides, they will all like mini-z better any how lol.

Russ
Global Moderator

View Gallery

Man I'm a SPAZ!!

« Reply #11: March 13, 2008, 09:00:44 AM »

I posted an Xmod for sale in the Market Place. Check it out if you are interestes or know someone who is.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Random Photo
Recent
[January 31, 2022, 07:34:33 AM]

[February 11, 2020, 09:45:58 AM]

by Russ
[January 22, 2020, 12:33:31 PM]

by Chad
[December 19, 2019, 05:15:45 PM]

by Russ