Salt Lake Mini-Z Club Forum
May 29, 2024, 12:23:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Our next race will be Thursday June 6th. Club Races .  Come Join Us!!
If you have any questions about racing with us,  please make a post or add a comment in the shout box, and someone will help you with the answer.

Home Help Login Register   **
Donations
Donate Via Paypal and Help Support this site.

Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pulled the trigger today on another Mini Z  (Read 6837 times)
guy hanson
SLC Club Members

View Gallery

« Reply #15: September 08, 2010, 05:21:24 PM »

How do I post a pic here?
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #16: September 09, 2010, 06:16:47 AM »

you can create your own gallery.   and they you can right click on the thumbnail picture and select "copy image location".  Then click the insert image button (below the I) and paste the picture location between the that it will insert.

Hope that helps. Smiley

edit:  I see you have created a gallery.   now to add pictures just select bulk picture upload the "my first car" catagory and add them. It's at the bottom.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 06:19:23 AM by briankstan » Logged

Russ
Global Moderator

View Gallery

Man I'm a SPAZ!!

« Reply #17: September 09, 2010, 09:03:55 AM »

With that car you can run just about any AM radio on it. The stock one will work fine for getting used to it. The Futaba 2PL or Airtronics MX-A are popular choices since they have programable features. If you get a module based radio and use the KO Propo modules there are modules for all frequencies AM, FM, 2.4, etc. Since you have a 2.4 MR-03 you may just want to get a 2.4asf board and replace the AM board in the one from ebay.
guy hanson
SLC Club Members

View Gallery

« Reply #18: September 09, 2010, 10:00:12 AM »

Thanks for the help!  I want one transmitter for any car I might buy so probably the KOPropo
Will be the one.  Do all of the better transmitters have exponential and variable curves like my aircraft radios? 
How did the mods on my eBay car look as far as being good choices for racing, etc..
Russ
Global Moderator

View Gallery

Man I'm a SPAZ!!

« Reply #19: September 09, 2010, 10:53:55 AM »

Yes most of the computer radios will have all the adjustments you will ever need. The EX-10 Helios has all the goodies, they just name them wierd. The Futaba and Airtronics M8 and M11 have all the good stuff too. One radio to rule them all is the way to go. Its too difficult to use a different radio per car. Plus the 2.4 have a quicker reaction time and little or no glitching.

The car you got was a decent deal. I'm not sure about the hopups that are on it as not many of us run 3Racing goodies, but they look nice. I have a old 3R disc damper and thats about it. The popular choice with us for Motor Mounts, Knuckles and Diffs is PN and Kyosho. Also none of us run the LM (Long Mount) bodies so I'm not sure how its going to work. The only thing I do know is you will want to reinforce the nose so it doesnt break on impact (yes there will be impact  eek ). I love the paint scheme though, thats the one I wanted when they first came out. If you subscribe or at least check the Good Deals Thread regularly I will always post what I think is a good deal. Theres stuff from Radios, Cars, Overlands, Parts, chargers, and just about anything the rest of us regularly use and reccomend. If you are looking at something and want an opinion just ask and we can steer you in the right direction hopefully.

Really for having fun racing it all boils down to practice. I also enjoy the wrenching on it part myself. I think you will enjoy it, and as you get faster you can experiment with what works and what doesnt. See ya tonight.
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #20: September 09, 2010, 12:19:56 PM »

Thanks for the help!  I want one transmitter for any car I might buy so probably the KOPropo
Will be the one.  Do all of the better transmitters have exponential and variable curves like my aircraft radios? 
How did the mods on my eBay car look as far as being good choices for racing, etc..

the mods on the car are descent.   3racing made some great stuff,  the haven't really been developing their mini-z product so the others have passed them bye.   I recommend using PN Racing, Kyosho or Atomic parts. 

I second using 1 TX for all your cars,   just makes it simple.

Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Random Photo
Recent
[January 31, 2022, 07:34:33 AM]

[February 11, 2020, 09:45:58 AM]

by Russ
[January 22, 2020, 12:33:31 PM]

by Chad
[December 19, 2019, 05:15:45 PM]

by Russ