Salt Lake Mini-Z Club Forum
May 16, 2024, 12:50:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Our next race will be Thursday May 16th HFAY Races .  Come Join Us!!
If you have any questions about racing with us,  please make a post or add a comment in the shout box, and someone will help you with the answer.

Home Help Login Register   **
Donations
Donate Via Paypal and Help Support this site.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Weekend projects  (Read 1508 times)
Nic-z
SLC Club Members

View Gallery

See it like it buy it sell it.

« Topic Start: February 25, 2008, 10:24:27 AM »

So this weekend I had some time, so I attempted my steering mod on my mini giant, then got a little bored so I put that aside (will finish soon just need to make the tie rods) and I got started on a long lost project.  So one day I came across these hotwheels call tunerz, they are sweet riced out versions of hotwheels.  Well I always liked those superslicks or zipzaps but all their bodies and wheels never matched.  So I thought I would make a custom body for the micro RC.....well two infact.  One is a Zipzap SE which as proportional steerin vs the other magnetic all or nothing steerin'.  I also put in headlights and taillights so when you go forward they turn on and such. Well it wasn't too hard, to do the first one. the Grey one, the yellow...which was my favorite was difficult becuase the body was too long for the chassis and wheels ddn't match the wheel wells on the body. so I had to extend the chassis (no easy feat) well they both work, the Grey one works just like new, the yellow....the axel has something up with it so it intermitenly gets stuck.  Since they are diecast bodies they are a little sluggish off the line, but still worth having a car that doesn't look like crap. I am going to be doing one more, and sell the yellow one on ebay, I want to get four and load them on my F1 trailer and bring them to the race, and we can all do a one lap race lol. should be fun.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 10:49:35 AM by Nic-z » Logged

Bring it! Team mental be loco!
Russ
Global Moderator

View Gallery

Man I'm a SPAZ!!

« Reply #1: February 25, 2008, 01:06:48 PM »

Nice work!!

I have two microsizers I could bring. I dont think the battery would last long enough to make it around a RCP track 1 time though.
Nic-z
SLC Club Members

View Gallery

See it like it buy it sell it.

« Reply #2: February 25, 2008, 01:33:09 PM »

Depends on how big the track is but I could bring one and race lol (the yellow is on ebay and I don't want to take any chances ruining it).  I have extra donor bodies if anyone wants to make one after the race you deciede you dig them. I am making one more just to race around the desk at work. can decide what body. this  or this
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 02:44:55 PM by Nic-z » Logged

Bring it! Team mental be loco!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Random Photo
Recent
[January 31, 2022, 07:34:33 AM]

[February 11, 2020, 09:45:58 AM]

by Russ
[January 22, 2020, 12:33:31 PM]

by Chad