Salt Lake Mini-Z Club Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:48:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Our next race will be Thursday May 2nd Club Races .  Come Join Us!!
If you have any questions about racing with us,  please make a post or add a comment in the shout box, and someone will help you with the answer.

Home Help Login Register   **
Donations
Donate Via Paypal and Help Support this site.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Racing 3-4-2010  (Read 3730 times)
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Topic Start: March 02, 2010, 11:49:16 AM »

Don't forget that we are racing this week.    See you all Thursday night  flex

redbarton
SLC Club Members

View Gallery

« Reply #1: March 02, 2010, 12:28:14 PM »

I'm a little bit up in the air about racing Thursday.  If the weather is good, I might be heading down to Blacksheep for their first outdoor offroad race of the year.  If not, I'll probably join you guys for Monster and Racer.  I have my truck running.  I'm not too sure I really like the thing though.  Considering all the work I put into it, I might as well try it out at least this once.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 12:55:56 PM by redbarton » Logged
Russ
Global Moderator

View Gallery

Man I'm a SPAZ!!

« Reply #2: March 02, 2010, 01:47:09 PM »

I'm a little bit up in the air about racing Thursday.  If the weather is good, I might be heading down to Blacksheep for their first outdoor offroad race of the year.  If not, I'll probably join you guys for Monster and Racer.  I have my truck running.  I'm not too sure I really like the thing though.  Considering all the work I put into it, I might as well try it out at least this once.

Thursday is the only day that shows rain/snow currently on KSL. So chances are it will be too cold to race outside  Cry   You should definately plan on racing mini-z's Thursday night  Wink . And what do you mean you dont like your monster truck? I agree they are kinda boring by themselves, but they are hella fun to compete with. Just wait till you race it or freestyle it with everybody else. Same thing really applies to most RC cars, they are much funner to race or bash with others. I have still have your wheelly bar in my tool box. Do you still want it?
Russ
Global Moderator

View Gallery

Man I'm a SPAZ!!

« Reply #3: March 02, 2010, 01:51:04 PM »

Don't forget that we are racing this week.    See you all Thursday night  flex

Did you email Luke and Chad? Luke mentioned last race that he would see us in two weeks. I hope they know we are racing THIS Thursday.
redbarton
SLC Club Members

View Gallery

« Reply #4: March 02, 2010, 02:09:51 PM »

...And what do you mean you dont like your monster truck? I agree they are kinda boring by themselves, but they are hella fun to compete with. Just wait till you race it or freestyle it with everybody else. Same thing really applies to most RC cars, they are much funner to race or bash with others. I have still have your wheelly bar in my tool box. Do you still want it?
I guess I'm just used to higher performance vehicles.  I'll give it a try this week if the weather is bad.  Keep the wheely bar in the box for now.  If I end up keeping the truck, I'll still want it.  I have the stock motor in it now, but running on 2 cell lipo.  If I put my "other" motor in it.  I'll definitely need it.  Does the slipper mechanism in your truck slip easy too?
Russ
Global Moderator

View Gallery

Man I'm a SPAZ!!

« Reply #5: March 02, 2010, 02:16:39 PM »

I dont hink mine slips hardly ever. But I did notice last time out that my truck isnt as fast as it used to be. Not a problem since I dial about 50% of the throttle out anyway, but sometimes its nice to go fast. I will have to figure out if its my motor wearing out or something else.

I do have some new gears for the center "slipper" gear if you want to install a new one and see if that fixes it.
redbarton
SLC Club Members

View Gallery

« Reply #6: March 02, 2010, 02:21:51 PM »

Hmm?  The gears are fine.  Maybe there is a way to tighten it up some?  My lipo might just have too much punch.  I'll pull the tranny and see if I can figure something out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Random Photo
Recent
[January 31, 2022, 07:34:33 AM]

[February 11, 2020, 09:45:58 AM]

by Russ
[January 22, 2020, 12:33:31 PM]

by Chad
[December 19, 2019, 05:15:45 PM]

by Russ