Salt Lake Mini-Z Club Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:50:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Our next race will be Thursday May 2nd Club Races .  Come Join Us!!
If you have any questions about racing with us,  please make a post or add a comment in the shout box, and someone will help you with the answer.

Home Help Login Register   **
Donations
Donate Via Paypal and Help Support this site.

Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Racing in Orem, December 12th.  (Read 17535 times)
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #30: December 12, 2009, 04:31:03 PM »

thanks for coming. that module from pnracing.com will work for m8 and m11

yes the PN adapter will work for the M8 and M11.  you will need the respective Ko Propo module to go with it either the AM or the 2.4 depending on what you car is.

newland

View Gallery

« Reply #31: December 12, 2009, 06:44:54 PM »

Thanks for coming down guys..... that was pretty cool..... sorry for the hacks, this is alittle different than 1/8 buggy and 1/10 offroad  laugh

I'm interested to check out the bigger layout, do you guys gear up alittle for it? 
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #32: December 12, 2009, 07:04:29 PM »

the layout is bigger,  it will have more turns also,  I might gear up a little higher for it as it has a long straight.  Maybe go with a 9 tooth pinion.

I'll see what I have for the F1,  I know I have a stock gear diff that would work better in your car.  Did the one you were running free up some?

newland

View Gallery

« Reply #33: December 12, 2009, 10:24:47 PM »

I tried the 6 (stock) 7 and 8 tooth today and ended up back at the 6...... so maybe the 8 if its not too tight.

Actually the diff did free up, I tore it apart a couple times afer you looked at it and put a drop of oil in there and just worked it in my hand and its pretty smooth. I think one of the pins jumed out of the holder and that was causing issues.... but with the high powered batts you gave me before the main, its just spinning the tires everywhere out of the corners, so the ball diff is the next bolt on I need. The gear diff just cant put the power down. For now I'm just going to spread some super thick diff oil (like 100,000k) on the gears and that will do till the ball diff shows up. We did that with the slashes when they first came out and it worked way better.
dew75
SLC Club Members

View Gallery

« Reply #34: December 13, 2009, 02:21:05 AM »

tony i think that 10,000 will work fine i was running with 5.000 and it felt good but 100,000 is going to be to heavy for the size of car
newland

View Gallery

« Reply #35: December 13, 2009, 11:36:51 AM »

Awesome, I have some of that too  Grin thanks

So if I were to get a sedan type car.... what chassis would be the best? I've been readin on the MR03.... the whole radio thing is crap, man its alot to get my 3PK geared up to run my cars.... my F1 would need the 2.4 board.. $100, adapter $30, module $? havent even looked yet...... ugh its insane, I'll have over $500 in 2 cars..... I think stuff like that is why Mini Z's arent bigger than they are... Kyosho's arrogance determining costs of they're products definetly hasnt been overlooked on these little things.....

For $500 I can get a 1/8 nitro car decked out for a season of racing.... decisions  :-\
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 11:40:33 AM by newland » Logged
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #36: December 13, 2009, 12:53:13 PM »

Awesome, I have some of that too  Grin thanks

So if I were to get a sedan type car.... what chassis would be the best? I've been readin on the MR03.... the whole radio thing is crap, man its alot to get my 3PK geared up to run my cars.... my F1 would need the 2.4 board.. $100, adapter $30, module $? havent even looked yet...... ugh its insane, I'll have over $500 in 2 cars..... I think stuff like that is why Mini Z's arent bigger than they are... Kyosho's arrogance determining costs of they're products definetly hasnt been overlooked on these little things.....

For $500 I can get a 1/8 nitro car decked out for a season of racing.... decisions  :-\

if you don't want to go that way,  I'd stick with the MR-02 with an AM board and just use the stock radio.  it's not a big difference anyways.   unless you are planning on upgrading later than I would say go 2.4 now.  I've seen the Ko Propo EX-10 radios go for as little as $100 on ebay,  then all you need is the 2.4 module.   

Maybe we can talk and I can see how many are interested in upgrading.  I can do a group buy on the boards and get them down to say $65 for the board for you guys that want to do it, but I agree the Kyosho 2.4 radio is not really the way to go.  it's a descent radio but since you can only set it up for 1 car at a time it makes it harder than just selecting the car you are using.

newland

View Gallery

« Reply #37: December 13, 2009, 01:42:57 PM »

I'm not running a KO radio  lol

Had one years ago and had problems with it, to boot it wasnt very comfortable to me..... my Futaba stuff has been flawless and its spread throughout all my cars/boats.

I'll do some more checking n the KO module.... you have the 2.4 module adapters in your store right?
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #38: December 13, 2009, 01:49:04 PM »

I'm not running a KO radio  lol

Had one years ago and had problems with it, to boot it wasnt very comfortable to me..... my Futaba stuff has been flawless and its spread throughout all my cars/boats.

I'll do some more checking n the KO module.... you have the 2.4 module adapters in your store right?

I don't have them, but I can order it if you want me to.  I'd have it in about 4 days.

newland

View Gallery

« Reply #39: December 13, 2009, 02:07:25 PM »

I see the Kyosho one and the PN one..... theyre basically the same thing just the kyosho one has the case rather than just a board right?

I found the KO module #15502 + a Kyosho R246-1001 adapter and I'd be set for a MR03.... then to convert my F1 I'd need either the drop in Kyosho #MF14 board or the MR02 #MZ303 board and some tweaking to get it to work right?

Its funny how much stuff is listed by USA online shops that doesnt even come up on Kyoshos website..... like the 32704KM RX-7 MR03 (the one I want to order up)..... they're obviously getting it from Kyosho America, but they dont even show it online  lol  looks like they need a new web guy  big-grin
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #40: December 13, 2009, 02:16:25 PM »

I see the Kyosho one and the PN one..... theyre basically the same thing just the kyosho one has the case rather than just a board right?

I found the KO module #15502 + a Kyosho R246-1001 adapter and I'd be set for a MR03.... then to convert my F1 I'd need either the drop in Kyosho #MF14 board or the MR02 #MZ303 board and some tweaking to get it to work right?

Its funny how much stuff is listed by USA online shops that doesnt even come up on Kyoshos website..... like the 32704KM RX-7 MR03 (the one I want to order up)..... they're obviously getting it from Kyosho America, but they dont even show it online  lol  looks like they need a new web guy  big-grin

yep that all looks right to me. 

newland

View Gallery

« Reply #41: December 13, 2009, 03:05:27 PM »

Saweet, the costs of those items is fairly reasonable...... maybe I'll go that route
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 03:08:41 PM by newland » Logged
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Random Photo
Recent
[January 31, 2022, 07:34:33 AM]

[February 11, 2020, 09:45:58 AM]

by Russ
[January 22, 2020, 12:33:31 PM]

by Chad
[December 19, 2019, 05:15:45 PM]