Salt Lake Mini-Z Club Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:57:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Our next race will be Thursday May 2nd Club Races .  Come Join Us!!
If you have any questions about racing with us,  please make a post or add a comment in the shout box, and someone will help you with the answer.

Home Help Login Register   **
Donations
Donate Via Paypal and Help Support this site.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best body?  (Read 5101 times)
Ryan
SLC Club Members

View Gallery

Bugatti Veyron, the best car in the world.

« Topic Start: April 01, 2008, 08:14:04 PM »

Is there really a "best body" or is it all personal preference? I have heard many good things about the lexus open interface, Ferrari 360 gtc, Enzo, and Mclaren f1. I couldn't find anything about the 350z but to me it seems like a good body and I'm guessing Brian likes it a lot. Which bodies are good and which bodies are bad? There are some heavier bodies out there but I dont know which ones those are and how do you tell when buying one online?

Rubbin's racin'
Nic-z
SLC Club Members

View Gallery

See it like it buy it sell it.

« Reply #1: April 01, 2008, 09:57:07 PM »

I don't know if there is really any bad body out there, I personally would look at the wheel base you race with whether it be a 90, 94 or 98 then once you find the right wheelbase you like to ride, find all the bodies that will fit your wheel base. from there you have a list to pick and choose from. There will be slight differences between them longer bodies shorter bodies, and thats all personal preference, for me the shorter nose bodies seem to work best since I tend to cut into cornners too late in the turn but again its personal preference.

Bring it! Team mental be loco!
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #2: April 01, 2008, 11:03:04 PM »

Bodies that I like for the RM 94mm setup are: in no paticular order.

575 GTC has the widest wheel offset +2.5 front, +3 back. it's also the heavest body.  it's very stable though and hard to traction roll.

350Z JGTC bodies (Motul or Calsonic) thes are narrower offset +1 front and back than the 575GTC but I think it has a good balance.  I never rolled it alot, because it sits low and handles great.  I ran this one for a long time  over a year and It one of my favorites.  you need to shave the from air splitter to keep from catching the rails.

C5R Corvette.  this is a +1 front, +2 or +3 back offset fo the wheels.  I have been running it for the last couple of weeks an really like it.  it handles good, but can traction roll some.

360 GTC body. I can't remember the offsets for this one.  it's th one Chad is driving.  He seems to like it and do well with it.  you need to shave the front air splitter on this one as well, it likes to get caught under the rails.

With your driving style I think you would like probably any of the above bodies.  Most for racing you need to pre-glue in the light buckets and the light lenses to give the front more strenght.  if you don't you can crack the front farily easily, similar to your Audi body.

I have heard that lots of people like the Lexus SC430 body and it handles well.  I haven't driven with that body so I can't personally speak to it.

hope that helps.

Ryan
SLC Club Members

View Gallery

« Reply #3: April 03, 2008, 08:56:06 PM »

I have read that the ferrari 575 is sluggish because it's so heavy, but I don't think that would matter to me because I'm no professional driver, I'll just buy a faster motor Grin. If the rims are wider what kind of tires do you buy? Would the ones I'm running (pn racing 8* carpet radial) Fit on +1 or +2 or +3 rims? Does someone make special tires for each size?

Rubbin's racin'
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #4: April 03, 2008, 09:11:18 PM »

the withs of the tires are the same.  it's the offset that changes.  the +3 rears have would be 6mm wider than the +0 offsets for a wider stance.

Ryan
SLC Club Members

View Gallery

« Reply #5: April 07, 2008, 04:53:05 PM »

The vds 2 body is a good body for racing, correct? It may be for experts,and the corners are really catchy but is it smooth around the track? I have read that the vds 2 is ten times better than the vds because the vds 2 can really plant down the front wheels. Would that body even qualify as a body with our racing standards?

Rubbin's racin'
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #6: April 07, 2008, 07:46:20 PM »

yes, the Pan bodies are allowed by our rules.

Ryan
SLC Club Members

View Gallery

« Reply #7: April 16, 2008, 05:10:41 PM »

Are the nsx bodies good? I know some of them are 1N 1W and others are 2N 2W.(according to atomicmods)
I'm looking at a Epson NSX 2004 it is a 2N 2W.(the one with mostly white color but a few blue strips) I like to really give the cars some power and I know I now can turn the sensitivity of the trigger down so that they won't go too fast, but I still want a wider body so that I can give it a bit more speed than I used to be able to and still make it around the turn without rolling. If I shave off the front wings it looks like it will glance off the wall pretty easy, but I'm not sure. And is it lower than the old nsx that I have? (loctite nsx)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 05:17:53 PM by Ryan » Logged

Rubbin's racin'
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #8: April 16, 2008, 09:30:06 PM »

ryan,  after checking those paticular bodies. you need the 2005 NSX if you are after the epson,  it's the one with the solid blue top.  this is the wider body that would use the +2 wheels.

the older ones are narrower and use 0 offset wheels.

it's this one.

there is also a 2005 takata dome NSX and a 2007 takata dome NSX.  they are very similar and they have the green top.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 09:35:52 PM by briankstan » Logged

Ryan
SLC Club Members

View Gallery

« Reply #9: April 23, 2008, 07:41:19 PM »

I have my AMG CLK body set up so that when the suspension is fully compressed the body is just off the ground. I tried to take into account the softness of rcp when going around the turns so that the body wouldn't scrape even on rcp. If I run well and don't flip over too much then I will probably get the lexus, if it just doesn't feel right and I still flip it over at every turn I will get a wider body. For now I will wait on the body because I'm saving my money for the mini giant. Smiley

Rubbin's racin'
Russ
Global Moderator

View Gallery

Man I'm a SPAZ!!

« Reply #10: April 24, 2008, 10:28:15 AM »

I just bought the SC430 Toms lexus at Kenon. According to Phillip it is a really good race body. I'm not sure yet but I thought I would give it a try.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Random Photo
Recent
[January 31, 2022, 07:34:33 AM]

[February 11, 2020, 09:45:58 AM]

by Russ
[January 22, 2020, 12:33:31 PM]

by Chad
[December 19, 2019, 05:15:45 PM]

by Russ