Salt Lake Mini-Z Club Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:36:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Our next race will be Thursday May 2nd Club Races .  Come Join Us!!
If you have any questions about racing with us,  please make a post or add a comment in the shout box, and someone will help you with the answer.

Home Help Login Register   **
Donations
Donate Via Paypal and Help Support this site.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Porsche Cup - (Close to Box Stock Class)  (Read 23629 times)
Russ
Global Moderator

View Gallery

Man I'm a SPAZ!!

« Topic Start: December 12, 2018, 11:40:17 AM »

Rules (updated 1/22/20) And will be updated as we figure this out

Chassis:
  • MR-03-N RM
  • 90mm wheelbase
  • Ready Set: - Kyosho MINI-Z MR03 Porsche 911 GT3 RS/RM.
  • RWD Part Numbers 32321W-B, 32321OR-B, 32321S-B (these are the white, lava orange and silver).
  • Sports 2 Part Numbers 32231OR-B, 32231S-B (these are the lava orange and silver, not sure about white).

Radio:
  • Ready Set included transmitter only, no upgraded radio's
  • Perfex KT-531P FHSS 2.4GHz
  • Perfex KT-19 FHS 2.4GHz

Body:
  • Porsche 911 GT3 Autoscale Only
  • Mirrors may be removed (on purpose or accidentally Shocked ).
  • Stickers and decals for the body allowed and encouraged.
  • Headlight Kit - MZW429R Not Required but highly recommended <--- Freakin Cool!!
  • Taping body on for racing is allowed.

Suspension:
   Front
  • No front suspension modifications. May clean and polish parts.
  • Stock front springs, arms, holders
  • Stock plastic knuckles, or aluminum Kyosho (R246-1310) 0 camber allowed.
  • Stock king pins, in stock configuration, no reversed king pins etc.

Rear
  • Stock T-Plate, or PN Carbon T-Plate #4 Medium Soft (MR3006).
  • Stock plastic motor pod
  • Stock rear shock and spring
  • No damper plates.
  • No side springs

Tires:
  • Front Tire PN X-15 (RXF15).
  • Rear Tire PN KS Medium (KS2828).
  • Taping allowed
  • Truing Allowed
  • No Sauce or Additives
  • Tires may be cleaned with a 70% alcohol solution

Wheels:
  • Stock or aftermarket plastic only.
  • No aluminum wheels.
  • Aluminum wheel nuts ok.
  • Front wheels - Narrow +1-1.5 offset (stock is +1.5). Max 8.5mm width.
  • Rear wheels - Wide +0 offset. Max 11mm width.
  • Bearings - Stock or PN600129 - No ceramic - Cleaning and re-lubricating ok.

Batteries:
  • Four (4) AAA size batteries.
  • Alkaline, Ni-MH or Ni-Cd batteries.
  • No other type of battery may be used.

Motor and Gearing:
  • Kyosho MZ9P Motor from RTR.
  • Motors are to be run as is, any tampering with the motor will result in disqualification. If any race official suspects motor tampering, the driver will be subject to disqualification.
  • Fixed gearing: Stock 43 tooth gear diff.
  • 6 tooth pinion for small track (≥ 2 wide L).
  • 7 Tooth Pinion for  large track (≤ 2 wide L) Ice Melter Race.

ESC:
  • Stock Board FHSS or FHS 2.4GHz.
  • No Gyro's.

Other rules: TBD - The spirit is to keep the car box stock.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 12:32:07 PM by Russ » Logged
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #1: December 12, 2018, 03:07:30 PM »

See below in yellow,    I would like to look at these items.    I don't want to run a complete box stock without any tuning options to fine tune some.    I think springs,  tire truing, taping and gluing should be allowed just to tune a bit.  Thoughts?  

This would be the rule set that I would propose for the class to start. We are clearly going to need some modifications as we test them out and race.

Body: - Stock Porsche 911 GT3 No modifications.
I think we should be allowed to paint over the stock body as well.
maybe use a white body kit and paint as long as it meets the minimum weight. What happens when the body gets broken and has to be replaced? this is the less expensive option.

Suspension: - No suspension mods (We may have to spec a knuckle and T-Plate if stock is too hard to get).
Spec a replacement kit parts or pick a spec T-plate and Knuckles
allow springs as a tuning option?

Tires: - Box stock for now. I'm sure we will need a spec tire TBD. Maybe PN Medium Rear and Firm Front.
I think we should spec a tire from the start,  I'm not even sure how we know what the stock tires are in able to duplicate them once a set is gone.
I think we leave tire diameter, taping and sidewall gluing open to the racer as tuning options.

Rims: - Stock
I prefer a spec replacement to the stock wheels.

Gearing: - 6T (or whatever comes on it) and Stock gear diff (not sure about this gearing, but all need to be the same).
6Tooth is what comes on standard.   this would be slow especially on a big track,   maybe run a 7 or 8 but have it a fixed gear for uniformity.

Electronics: - Stock Board FHSS 2.4GHz - No Gyro's
No Fet upgrades, or specify a fet in case a board blows?  I just checked and the boards are about $40 so Maybe just have to replace with stock?

« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 03:49:33 PM by briankstan » Logged

Russ
Global Moderator

View Gallery

Man I'm a SPAZ!!

« Reply #2: December 12, 2018, 04:26:55 PM »

See below in yellow,    I would like to look at these items.    I don't want to run a complete box stock without any tuning options to fine tune some.    I think springs,  tire truing, taping and gluing should be allowed just to tune a bit.  Thoughts? Mostly agreed except the springs. We really need to see how the car drives, then we should know what to allow for tuning options.

This would be the rule set that I would propose for the class to start. We are clearly going to need some modifications as we test them out and race.

Body: - Stock Porsche 911 GT3 No modifications.
I think we should be allowed to paint over the stock body as well. Agreed
maybe use a white body kit and paint as long as it meets the minimum weight. What happens when the body gets broken and has to be replaced? this is the less expensive option. Agreed if available, Must have regular window and parts the stock body has.

Suspension: - No suspension mods (We may have to spec a knuckle and T-Plate if stock is too hard to get).
Spec a replacement kit parts or pick a spec T-plate and Knuckles Agreed...sort of. I looked at the replacement aluminum parts and a guy would spend $30 to replace. The stock replacement kit is only $9 and has two t-plates, two toe bars, and a new set of knuckles. Availability will be a problem though so maybe a spec knuckle and t-bar is really the only option. Ty up at PDX said that was the case for them. But I see an advantage of a better t-plate over the stock one.
allow springs as a tuning option? Not sure about this one. I think the stock one should be good but what if you lose one? I dont see the replacement part. Not sure what the replacement spring kit is or what the PN upgrade spring kit is. But maybe.

Tires: - Box stock for now. I'm sure we will need a spec tire TBD. Maybe PN Medium Rear and Firm Front.
I think we should spec a tire from the start,  I'm not even sure how we know what the stock tires are in able to duplicate them once a set is gone. Agreed, No clue what the stock tires are, can only assume they suck. Not to mention that once worn what then?
I think we leave tire diameter, taping and sidewall gluing open to the racer as tuning options. Agreed, but not everybody has access to a tire truer, so I wasnt sure what the group consensus was.

Rims: - Stock
I prefer a spec replacement to the stock wheels. I would say any of the PN machine cut plastic wheels (not delrin) would be good in any color(black, white or yellow). Spec size would be +1 Front and +0 Rear. Easy to tech.

Gearing: - 6T (or whatever comes on it) and Stock gear diff (not sure about this gearing, but all need to be the same).
6Tooth is what comes on standard.   this would be slow especially on a big track,   maybe run a 7 or 8 but have it a fixed gear for uniformity. Agreed.. Maybe spec'd per race. Or easier would be that since 6-9 come in the box you could run any of those you want.

Electronics: - Stock Board FHSS 2.4GHz - No Gyro's
No Fet upgrades, or specify a fet in case a board blows?  I just checked and the boards are about $40 so Maybe just have to replace with stock? I guess we cross that bridge when we get there. I hope that wont be a problem.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 04:31:24 PM by Russ » Logged
Russ
Global Moderator

View Gallery

Man I'm a SPAZ!!

« Reply #3: January 11, 2019, 12:14:32 PM »

Rules Updated.

Added Kyosho Aluminum Knuckles, PN Carbon T-Plate, and PN KS Firm Front Tire to replace the X Pattern 25's that are no longer available.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 12:18:47 PM by Russ » Logged
Russ
Global Moderator

View Gallery

Man I'm a SPAZ!!

« Reply #4: January 31, 2019, 12:03:32 PM »

Rules Updated.

Added MR-03 Sports 2 Ready set kits and updated the suspension, tires, and wheels sections. I'm not sure if there are other Porsche 911 GT3 Ready Sets with the same body and chassis out there so if so let me know and I can see about adding them.
Russ
Global Moderator

View Gallery

Man I'm a SPAZ!!

« Reply #5: January 22, 2020, 12:33:31 PM »

Rules Updated 1/22/20

Added a few things, new front tire and gearing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Random Photo
Recent
[January 31, 2022, 07:34:33 AM]

[February 11, 2020, 09:45:58 AM]

by Russ
[January 22, 2020, 12:33:31 PM]

by Chad
[December 19, 2019, 05:15:45 PM]

by Russ