Salt Lake Mini-Z Club Forum
April 20, 2024, 05:44:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Our next race will be Thursday April 18th HFAY Races .  Come Join Us!!
If you have any questions about racing with us,  please make a post or add a comment in the shout box, and someone will help you with the answer.

Home Help Login Register   **
Donations
Donate Via Paypal and Help Support this site.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How can I replace front servo?  (Read 5176 times)
lotaloi

View Gallery

« Topic Start: January 13, 2015, 03:52:31 PM »

Guys,
How can I replace the whole servo unit of the mini z overland Pajero? I need whole mechanical as well as servo electronics too.  My electronics (esc, rx,  of th car is all good & functioning properly.  Just the front servo is boken by accident . Any help pls?
Thanks.
Russ
Global Moderator

View Gallery

Man I'm a SPAZ!!

« Reply #1: January 13, 2015, 05:28:34 PM »

If you could post a picture of the problem it might help.

But in short you can still buy all the plastic and electrical parts for the front pod. I think Brian here can get them or you could shop around Kyosho or Kenon. Is the servo motor bad? Is it just the wiring thats busted?

Its been a while since I had mine apart but I think there's just the motor, POT, servo saver, tie rod and the plastic in there. We all changed ours to the 2.4 ASF boards some time ago. They make one for the overland that is a direct fit.

Another option would be to buy a parts car and scavenge parts from it.
lotaloi

View Gallery

« Reply #2: January 14, 2015, 08:30:39 AM »

Thanks for your reply. Yes I could be scavenging th part frm  old car. But I thnk I need only th "potentiometer" tht stays hooked wth th motor.  My servo motor runs well wth its "pinion gear". I probably threw sme gears(frm servo gearbox) by thinking tht it can't be repaired any longer.
Now I thnk I need new servo gears & potentiometer only.  Now I am advanced even I can convert 5 wire servo into standard 3 wire servo.  I can use own rx tx wth separate brushed esc. 
So , where can I get servo gears & potentiometer? Any idea? Thnks in advance.
Russ
Global Moderator

View Gallery

Man I'm a SPAZ!!

« Reply #3: January 14, 2015, 09:56:29 AM »

Yep.

Servo Gear Set = MZ8-1
Servo Case = MV02B
Servo Saver = MV04
Potentiometer = MZ8-4 (I think)

You will have to search around for the parts. These are some retailers I know of.

Kysoho Overland Replacement parts = Replacement Parts
Kenon Overland Replacement parts = OverLand Kyosho Parts
Mini-Z Racer Overland Replacment parts = http://shop.tinyrc.com/home.php?cat=294

Not to mention you could contact Brian here via PM and see what he might have available.

lotaloi

View Gallery

« Reply #4: January 15, 2015, 08:07:48 AM »

Thanks. :-)  I thnk these r th parts to make th compte servo system of Overland Pajero. I met hv a little doubt abt th "potentiometer " compatibility . I can strt buying th parts once 100% sure & get th parts explosion view of mini z overland pajero .

However, I did a big mod thnking it is nver possible to repair  th servo part. But now as I see parts r still in th market. I will put sme pics of wht mod I did for th servo here. I installed Losi servo evn I had to remove tht Losi servo's back cover to fit it on th hub.

By th wy who is Brian tht u said?
lotaloi

View Gallery

« Reply #5: January 15, 2015, 08:39:16 AM »

Here is one pic.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 08:41:49 AM by lotaloi » Logged
Russ
Global Moderator

View Gallery

Man I'm a SPAZ!!

« Reply #6: January 15, 2015, 09:03:57 AM »

Hmmm... Well good luck with that!! Since its totally modded you are kinda on your own to fix that but if you want to convert it back to stock type the parts above should help.

Brian is the site owner/admin and owner of the Salt Lake Mini-Z store linked above.
lotaloi

View Gallery

« Reply #7: January 15, 2015, 11:47:10 AM »

Yah… I will see how this mod wrks. I checked th movements of th wheels. Nice & smooth. I might cover th servo saver & exposed portion.  But th question is can it with withstand th impact of any new accident. Lots of mods r there!! Hope it can.

However, I will buy those parts to bring it bck to stock servo condition.  I downloaded th exploded view .Maybe I can remake th whole servo thng.

Anyway ,  thanks a lot  to educate me abt th servo. I will keep updating u  big-grin
lotaloi

View Gallery

« Reply #8: January 16, 2015, 04:47:14 PM »

Some pics of the heavy mod. If this mod is successful, it would cost less money to replace parts of the servo hub. I have used Losi micro servo with some mod in the servo inside like soldering.

This is a 1/24 scale Aoshima Pajero body. I had to stretch the chassis by doing mod on the chassis. Too much mod ha ha....but finally I made it 1/24 size compatible chassis.  Happy
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 05:27:51 PM by lotaloi » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Random Photo
Recent
[January 31, 2022, 07:34:33 AM]

[February 11, 2020, 09:45:58 AM]

by Russ
[January 22, 2020, 12:33:31 PM]

by Chad
[December 19, 2019, 05:15:45 PM]