Salt Lake Mini-Z Club Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:22:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Our next race will be Thursday March 28th HFAY Races .  Come Join Us!!
If you have any questions about racing with us,  please make a post or add a comment in the shout box, and someone will help you with the answer.

Home Help Login Register   **
Donations
Donate Via Paypal and Help Support this site.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi all  (Read 3858 times)
imcreative

View Gallery

« Topic Start: January 10, 2015, 03:20:33 PM »

Hello racers,
I moved here a couple years ago from CO and am wanting to get back into little cars! I started with Gen 1 Xmods and spent most my time modding and hacking them rather than actually racing. You may have known my from the forums ran by Performance Xmods (I was a mod there just before it shut down) or as Creative_SN at Atomic mod's forums. I was also a member of Greyscale Racing (not sure how much their reputation is still around) and ran my own (very) small shop (FreestyleXmods.com - check it out for some pics). I haven't done much anything with 24th scale since 2007, but I worked in an RC hobby shop through undergrad and got into heli's there (I still suck at flying).

Anyway, my 24th scale garage is currently a bunch of gen 1 Xmods and an iWaiver (01 I think). Any chance there's opportunity to race those old things with you? I'd love to get back into it.
Looking forward to meeting you all and getting back to a track!
- Ted

P.S. Looking through the members I recognize Arch2b from back in the day. You still around?

A couple pics of my stuff to brighten this post up:

My first Xmod, years later

Hand wound motor

For snowy days

Russ
Global Moderator

View Gallery

Man I'm a SPAZ!!

« Reply #1: January 12, 2015, 03:21:05 PM »

Ted,

Glad you found us. Yes you definitely can come out and race little cars with us. I myself have lots of Xmod stuff and while we don't actually have any guys racing them with us currently they can be really fun. We do have a couple loaner Mini-Z's that you can try also.

We usually race every other week. Just PM me for the address (Brian's house) and I can get you directions.

P.S. Arch2b is still around but mostly he posts on MZR.

-Russ-
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #2: January 13, 2015, 08:22:35 AM »

Welcome aboard,   we race 2 times a month at my house,  we have track (that we change, usually each race) and a timing system. 

your more than welcome to come out and race your cars with us,  I also have some loaner cars if you need to borrow one for the night.

Look in the banner above for the time of our next race.  it's coming up next thursday, January 22nd.

imcreative

View Gallery

« Reply #3: January 22, 2015, 09:35:44 AM »

Thanks for the warm welcome! Unfortunately I can't make it tonight but I'll definitely plan on next time.
Cheers,
- Ted
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Random Photo
Recent
[January 31, 2022, 07:34:33 AM]

[February 11, 2020, 09:45:58 AM]

by Russ
[January 22, 2020, 12:33:31 PM]

by Chad