Salt Lake Mini-Z Club Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:57:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Our next race will be Thursday May 2nd Club Races .  Come Join Us!!
If you have any questions about racing with us,  please make a post or add a comment in the shout box, and someone will help you with the answer.

Home Help Login Register   **
Donations
Donate Via Paypal and Help Support this site.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stock Mini-Z Class - Proposed New Class  (Read 3676 times)
Russ
Global Moderator

View Gallery

Man I'm a SPAZ!!

« Topic Start: November 03, 2014, 05:27:39 PM »

I was wondering if anybody would be interested in doing a Stock Mini-Z class as per the Kyosho Stock rules?

I really like the idea and would invest the money for a new stock car if other people would commit also. I think this class could potentially grow our club numbers and appeal to racers just starting out or looking for something to add.

These are the Kyosho Stock Rules, (Ver. 2.2) Updated on 03-06-2014:

Open to any Kyosho Mini-Z Racer and AWD Chassis, Iwaver/Fire-Lap Racer and AWD Chassis. Chassis can be any configuration including LM and wheelbases from 86mm to 106mm.

• Chassis - No modification (shaving or drilling unless absolutely required for proper part operation)

• Motor - Kyosho Racer and AWD Stock motor only.

• PCB - No modification allowed except for updating to current PCB board. No Gyro permitted, No brushless, permitted, no increase in quantity of FET's permitted. This accommodates periodic changes or upgrades in PCB design with regard to frequency, etc.

• Bodies - Must be Kyosho Kit or Autoscale body, or full painted and assembled white (unpainted) body. Modification (shaving or drilling for weight savings and aerodynamic gain, adding wings etc) not allowed. (Exceptions; hole may be drilled in rear deck lid of Ferrari F355 to allow for damper clearance as example, front splitter or low air foils that protrude to sharp points may be rounded at corners/edges.) custom painted bodies must be fully painted and ALL accessories excluding optional kit parts (rally light on Toyota Celica for example). completed body must be within 2 grams of original Autoscale weight (average weight of Autoscale rear spoiler). Bodies found to have greater deviation will not be permitted.

• Wheels - Any Manufacturer plastic wheels only. Wheels/tires must be of appropriate width and offset for respective Autoscale and fit inside the body.

• Tires - Any Manufacturer brand rubber tire (No grooving, cutting or silicone based tires allowed)

• Batteries - Four AAA batteries. Alkaline, Ni-MH or Ni-Cd batteries may be used. No other type of battery may be used. For example: Lithium Polymer may not be used, Ni-Zn may not be used.

• Ball Bearings - Any manufacturer non ceramic ball bearings are permitted.

• Front Suspension - Manufacturer stock suspension and parts permitted ONLY.

• Rear Suspension - Manufacturer stock suspension permitted ONLY and assembly appropriate for chassis type (example, LM stock configuration includes rear damper. Other kits include Kyosho Rear Shock Set #MZ206)

• H/T Plate - Any Manufacturer H/T plate permitted, must be appropriate to stock wheelbase for chassis configuration and Autoscale selection.

• Wheel Nuts - Any Manufacturer wheel nuts permitted.

Modifications to the rules
• Oils, lubes, greases, tire tape will be allowed in our series.
• Allowable ESC modifications are limited to the replacement in kind (same as stock) of fets and other board components.
• Autoscale modifications are limited to the minimum clearancing needed for operation of permitted equipment. Shaving bumpers, skirts, windows, etc. will not be allowed. Please choose your autoscale accordingly as there will be no exceptions made thus no excuses.
• R246 autoscales that are sold in chassis sets are acceptable. The R390GT1 is an example of this R246 autoscale sold as a chassis set with wheels. Those that are not sold in this manner are not acceptable. To clarify this further, other Autoscales not sold as chassis sets or readyset are not acceptable.
• Wiring must remain stock except you may replace motor wires with like wire. IE; replace stock motor leads with Turnigy 24awg wires. You may replace the stock antenna wire with like wire.
• AWD chassis my use the aluminum motor spacers to assist in dissipating heat.
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #1: November 07, 2014, 11:15:20 AM »

I don’t think that anyone really has a stock car left that would fit this series.    The best way would probably be to setup a group buy of the MR-03 sports chassis,  and then allow certain things to be changed like bearings, tires and set a specific gear ratio that everyone runs.  And having to use the radio that comes with the kit would even it all up.

We could work out a good deal on the kits is others are interested in this.

Russ
Global Moderator

View Gallery

Man I'm a SPAZ!!

« Reply #2: November 07, 2014, 11:43:36 AM »

Ya, none of our cars would work for this class and we would all need a new chassis. I was however thinking that our radios we had would be fine. I didn't see anything in the rules that they were not allowed.

Can you still get just the 2.4asf chassis sets? If not maybe the KT-18s in the Sports stock kit would be it.

I think this class would be fun. Stock plus bearings, tires and nuts. The guys at PDX were getting around the track pretty good with them.
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #3: November 10, 2014, 11:22:07 AM »

they are still available, but not in stock at this time.   the ASF Chassis kit is actually more than the 03 sports kit with radio and body so that might be a consideration as well as availability.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Random Photo
Recent
[January 31, 2022, 07:34:33 AM]

[February 11, 2020, 09:45:58 AM]

by Russ
[January 22, 2020, 12:33:31 PM]

by Chad
[December 19, 2019, 05:15:45 PM]

by Russ