Salt Lake Mini-Z Club Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:52:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Our next race will be Thursday April 18th HFAY Races .  Come Join Us!!
If you have any questions about racing with us,  please make a post or add a comment in the shout box, and someone will help you with the answer.

Home Help Login Register   **
Donations
Donate Via Paypal and Help Support this site.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Discharging  (Read 3960 times)
Robudda723
SLC Club Members

View Gallery

« Topic Start: October 26, 2013, 06:28:48 PM »

Eventually I will get a discharge ray, but for now will be charging and discharging with a basic radio shack tray. I see that the PN discharge tray discharges each cell to .7v. I am wondering since I have to discharge as a set would discharging at 1amp to 2.8v be correct?

Thanks
Russ
Global Moderator

View Gallery

Man I'm a SPAZ!!

« Reply #1: October 28, 2013, 09:58:10 AM »

I always thought the PN discharge trays went to .9 volts per cell but the specs on Kenon say its .7v. Either way they work really good and bring the pack of 4 AAA's down so they can take a full charge of 850-900ma. When I put the pack on the charger they start at about 4.8v which is about 1.2 volts per cell average and is usually where you want Nimh batteries to rest or store at.

I've had the best results leaving the pack in the discharger anywhere from 2 hours to overnite but you can just go till the lights go out.

Some chargers have discharge capability and I would set the cutoff at around .9 per cell or 3.6 volts for the pack.

Some guys don't ever discharge their packs and have great results anyway.
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #2: October 28, 2013, 11:54:58 AM »

I leave mine in until the lights all go out,  I let them rest about 1hr before charging, but that's not really necessary.   I mainly use the dis-chargers as a tool to keep my batteries cycled correctly and it does have an impact on the longevity of the batteries.   It also cuts down on cells going bad due to overcharge because if they aren't balanced when charging you are potentially pushing the power through a cell that is already fully charged,  in essence you are over charging that cell and it will affect it over time.

Russ
Global Moderator

View Gallery

Man I'm a SPAZ!!

« Reply #3: November 06, 2013, 05:22:54 PM »

Rob,
A former racer is selling all his Mini-Z stuff. He has charge and discharge trays as well as cars, parts, 2.4 radio and all kinds of stuff. I think he will part it out but for all of it, about $1000 spent, will go for half of that at around $500. Let me know if you are interested at all and I will get you his info.
Robudda723
SLC Club Members

View Gallery

« Reply #4: November 06, 2013, 10:32:09 PM »

As much as I would like it all, funds will not allow. I am going to try to focus on my Racer until I have it were I like it. If he has and welling to sale, I would be interested if he has and what he is asking for:

1- Charge Tray
1- Discharge Tray
2- Sets batteries
1- 2.4 mini-z module for Ko Prop ex-10
1- 2.4 board for my Mr-02

That would be my main focus of what I would like next for the mr-02

Thanks for the heads up,
Rob
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 11:12:24 AM by Robudda723 » Logged
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #5: November 07, 2013, 09:01:51 AM »

Rob, it you need a 50T motors I have one I can give you.   You'll need to swap them out when you race with us though Smiley

RE: you glitching issues,  you may want to just change the AM frequency you are running some are better than others so that might be a good cheap way to help with the glitching issues.

Robudda723
SLC Club Members

View Gallery

« Reply #6: November 07, 2013, 11:31:02 AM »

Thanks Brian, I get home tomorrow and have my motor mount and ball diff waiting. I'll text you and see when it will be best to come by this weekend.

Thanks,
Rob
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Random Photo
Recent
[January 31, 2022, 07:34:33 AM]

[February 11, 2020, 09:45:58 AM]

by Russ
[January 22, 2020, 12:33:31 PM]

by Chad