Salt Lake Mini-Z Club Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:00:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Our next race will be Thursday March 28th HFAY Races .  Come Join Us!!
If you have any questions about racing with us,  please make a post or add a comment in the shout box, and someone will help you with the answer.

Home Help Login Register   **
Donations
Donate Via Paypal and Help Support this site.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FS: Ferrari 458 "italia" white bodies  (Read 6592 times)
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Topic Start: March 14, 2013, 12:42:45 PM »

I have a few of the Ferrari 458 italia white bodies if anyone is interested.  this is the same body that I'm running now.  flex

they are $25.00ea. 

visionx

View Gallery

« Reply #1: March 26, 2013, 03:33:34 PM »

Would one of these be able to be modded for an xmod?
Russ
Global Moderator

View Gallery

Man I'm a SPAZ!!

« Reply #2: March 26, 2013, 05:35:00 PM »

Thats a good question. I have seen some posts on modding Mini-Z bodies for X-mods and in general I think it can be done. But it would be more for looks I think than for racing as I'm sure the mounting system would be week. You would need a donor xmod body to pull the rear mount from and then try to get the front aligned. I would think with some work it could be done but I would doubt the toughness factor alot.

Are you racing X-mods or just bashing?
visionx

View Gallery

« Reply #3: March 27, 2013, 12:01:16 PM »

Thats a good question. I have seen some posts on modding Mini-Z bodies for X-mods and in general I think it can be done. But it would be more for looks I think than for racing as I'm sure the mounting system would be week. You would need a donor xmod body to pull the rear mount from and then try to get the front aligned. I would think with some work it could be done but I would doubt the toughness factor alot.

Are you racing X-mods or just bashing?

I am just a basher right now since their are no Tracks near me . Also I do not think I could afford to race. It has been a long time dream hobby that I am just now starting to gather info on.

The interest comes from my father and Uncle racing back in the 80's. I can remember my Uncles RC10 gold pan being the fastest thing I ever seen. lol.
Russ
Global Moderator

View Gallery

Man I'm a SPAZ!!

« Reply #4: March 27, 2013, 01:59:58 PM »

Where are you located? Theres usually someone with a track racing somewhere. I used to have my own RCP track at home and I bought a whole bunch of Xmod stuff to race on it. Xmods are really fun if you race just them, but they are not comparable to racing a Mini-Z. I loved messing around with my X-mod stuff though. I still have quite a few cars and hopup stuff. I tried selling it once but want to sell it all at once rather than peice at a time.
visionx

View Gallery

« Reply #5: March 27, 2013, 02:13:45 PM »

I am in Gastonia NC, right outside Charlotte.  I think their is a track in rockhill but that's almost 2 hours... I had an xmod when the evo series launched and had it fully tuned. (with radio shack mods) It was pretty sick. I just happened to get the one I have now off a friend who had itr stuffed in his kids closet for years. I ended up shorting out the fets and ripped a pad trying to replace them. I ordered a board from a recommended site but its been almost 2 months and no board. I guess this one and the 75 bucks or so i spent on hop ups and lipos are a lost cause. Thats why I was so disapointed in the results of fixing my leo-x. Right now the only working RC in the house is an almost fully hopped up Sumo truggy.
Russ
Global Moderator

View Gallery

Man I'm a SPAZ!!

« Reply #6: March 27, 2013, 02:59:04 PM »

I bought my first X-mods to race with friends at work. We raced on a vynyl floor and set up dots to mark the track and counted our own laps. I bought other cars to race with my kids and nephews in the driveway, tennis court or wherever we could find a place. A garden hose and a concrete slab make a good place to race. Later I got 3 of the RCP wide oval tracks and had a nice setup in my basement. But I later sold that to one of he guys in our club. X-mods are fun if you have a few to race around with freinds or kids.
Corey
SLC Club Members

View Gallery

« Reply #7: March 31, 2013, 10:49:12 AM »

Where are you located? Theres usually someone with a track racing somewhere. I used to have my own RCP track at home and I bought a whole bunch of Xmod stuff to race on it. Xmods are really fun if you race just them, but they are not comparable to racing a Mini-Z. I loved messing around with my X-mod stuff though. I still have quite a few cars and hopup stuff. I tried selling it once but want to sell it all at once rather than peice at a time.

Russ do you still have your x-mods and want to sell them?
How many do you have and how much do you want? I think I saw them listed on KSL a while ago and there was a tun of stuff  i can't remember how much you wanted.
I am trying to pull this racetrack together and I am having a hard time pulling enough funds together to buy 5 more Mini-Z's so I am looking for something a little cheeper so I can get it started and then upgrade as I go.
Russ
Global Moderator

View Gallery

Man I'm a SPAZ!!

« Reply #8: April 01, 2013, 09:40:33 AM »

Yes I still have all of them. Although its like selling my children, yes I am interested in selling them. I have 6 different cars and lots of extra parts and hopups. PM me your email and I can send you a link to pics of all of them. I will tell you they are good for smaller tracks but really dont have the range like a Mini-z does. But all are in good working order and were a ton of fun to race on a small track.
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #9: April 01, 2013, 11:49:04 AM »

also note that they don't work well when raced with the mini-z's.   the signal on the mini-z is stronger and will cause lots of glitching problems with the Xmods.   if you're running all Xmods at the same time it should be fine.   I still have one of them as well.  Smiley

Russ
Global Moderator

View Gallery

Man I'm a SPAZ!!

« Reply #10: April 01, 2013, 12:17:58 PM »

also note that they don't work well when raced with the mini-z's.   the signal on the mini-z is stronger and will cause lots of glitching problems with the Xmods.   if you're running all Xmods at the same time it should be fine.   I still have one of them as well.  Smiley
Ya, thats what I meant.

I swear I should keep them and we should run a class of them every now and again. I might have a chance against Brian with and Xmod. lol.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Random Photo
Recent
[January 31, 2022, 07:34:33 AM]

[February 11, 2020, 09:45:58 AM]

by Russ
[January 22, 2020, 12:33:31 PM]

by Chad
[December 19, 2019, 05:15:45 PM]

by Russ