Salt Lake Mini-Z Club Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:32:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Our next race will be Thursday March 28th HFAY Races .  Come Join Us!!
If you have any questions about racing with us,  please make a post or add a comment in the shout box, and someone will help you with the answer.

Home Help Login Register   **
Donations
Donate Via Paypal and Help Support this site.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steering wont Centre  (Read 18708 times)
cole

View Gallery

« Topic Start: May 29, 2012, 02:59:55 PM »

Hi all,

I haven't had my Mini-Z AWD for very long at all, maybe 2 weeks? I finally got around to testing it today as I got the KT-18 controller for it. I matched the controller to the car no problems, but as soon as I turn the controller on the steering servo makes the car go into a Hard Right Turn and it stays there. It's as far right as the car can possibly go, so I can "Trim" the car straight again.

Anyone had a similar problem? Any ideas on how to fix this? I Really wanted to set this car up for drifting for some fun but I can't do anything with it right now >_<
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #1: May 30, 2012, 06:07:02 AM »

is this a new kit?  or a used on?   this can be several issues but typically it's a board related one,   either the gears aren't in the the Potiemeter correctly or the board might be bad.   if it was purchased new, I'll call the place you purchased it from and see if they will replace it,   you can also contact Kyosho directly through their website.  They have great customer service.

cole

View Gallery

« Reply #2: May 30, 2012, 01:56:11 PM »

Hi, Thanks for the response.

Yes car was New then purchased, I will contact them today and Kyosho. I actually had the car apart yesterday and I think it might be a problem with the pot. I had the board out and all the steering related gear. I used some tape to hold the wires together so I could test it. Sure enough as soon as the car turns on and picks up the Transmitter, the little engine used for steering spins in the direction to turn right =/ and it doesn't stop spinning until you turn left on the controller to counter it.

So I am thinking a faulty Pot perhaps? But will take it in and find out! Damnit >_< Really wanted to play with this
cole

View Gallery

« Reply #3: May 30, 2012, 07:50:18 PM »

So I have fixed the problem Smiley
Quite simple, yet I didn't think to bother trying for some (stupid) reason. I reset the Transmitter lol Smiley I have the KT-18 and when I got it I just paired it to the chassis straight away and it started doing this turning problem. I tried re-pairing it e.t.c but nothing would fix it. So I read the manual and see there is a "Reset Transmitter" function.

I Reset it, turn it back on, turn the car on and it works perfect. A little annoyed at how simple that ended up being >_< but am SO happy that I can play with this properly now Smiley
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #4: June 01, 2012, 06:00:32 AM »

great to hear you got if figured out,  and thanks for posting the solution for others to find.   

cole

View Gallery

« Reply #5: April 08, 2015, 05:54:29 PM »

Sorry to dig an old thread everyone, crazy to think it's been 3 years since I made this post!
I was meant to come update this thread, but never got around to it...

So this didn't end up fixing the car, it did make it bind the steering almost straight but it still had a little bias to the right, and again when trying to trim it back straight again it would only trim the car further to the right, even when using the left trim. In the 3 years since making this post I also purchased an MA-020 AWD Mini Z as well (Without a TX)

I've tried pairing this newer car to my KT18 and have had the same exact problem, so I'm guessing that it's a problem with the TX itself, just getting some money together to get a new KT18 to try, but will post some results if that fixes it. I'm guessing based on the fact two totally different cars have had the same exact problem when paired with the same TX that the only problem can be the TX (Unless of course I just happen to be SUPER unlucky and purchased two cars with the exact same problem)
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #6: April 13, 2015, 01:12:14 PM »

sounds like it could be the TX if they are both doing it. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Random Photo
Recent
[January 31, 2022, 07:34:33 AM]

[February 11, 2020, 09:45:58 AM]

by Russ
[January 22, 2020, 12:33:31 PM]

by Chad
[December 19, 2019, 05:15:45 PM]

by Russ