Salt Lake Mini-Z Club Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:56:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Our next race will be Thursday March 28th HFAY Races .  Come Join Us!!
If you have any questions about racing with us,  please make a post or add a comment in the shout box, and someone will help you with the answer.

Home Help Login Register   **
Donations
Donate Via Paypal and Help Support this site.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help me in buying Mini-Zs  (Read 9551 times)
kalyan

View Gallery

« Topic Start: January 28, 2012, 11:43:32 AM »

Hi guys, I am new to this RC world.
I am planning to buy couple of Mini-Zs. Could you please suggest me which model is good. I never played with mini-Z. Can you please guide me where I can get them for good price.
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #1: January 30, 2012, 07:12:12 AM »

Hi guys, I am new to this RC world.
I am planning to buy couple of Mini-Zs. Could you please suggest me which model is good. I never played with mini-Z. Can you please guide me where I can get them for good price.

you'll want to go with either the MR-02 or MR-03 models. All the 03's are 2.4 so you will need to have a mini-z compatible 2.4 system or buy one of the sets that come with the TX. 

the 02's you can get both AM and 2.4 systems.  the AM cars are going to be less expensive so keep that in mind depending on your budget.

what kind of price are you looking at.   there are several online stores that sell them.  I don't stock the cars but can order them from Kyosho for you if they have them in stock. 

kalyan

View Gallery

« Reply #2: February 01, 2012, 07:53:05 AM »

Brian,
Thanks for the reply.
I think I will go with MR-02Ex considering my budget.
I need like 8 Ready Sets with few additional parts. I checked price in online its like 170$.
I don't know how much it would cost if I order it in bulk.
Is anyone can get me good price for bulk order.

Please suggest me additional parts which are necessary to keep them while playing with these.

thanks
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #3: February 01, 2012, 08:24:22 AM »

you can run them in stock form for quite awhile.  this is affected by crashing and possibly breaking something.   thinks you'll want to consider getting to keep them running.

1. tires.  (I'd go PN 6 rear radials, and I'd start with the PN X-pattern 20's for the front).
2. H Plates (also refered to as T-plates)  the stock plastic ones will eventually break.   the carbon ones are a good upgrade and last a long time.
3. Pinions. these are wear items as well and will wear out.   having some backups is a good idea.

I can get the 02ex cars.   I could match the $170 and if your going to buy 8 I could probably do a little better.   Right now checking Kyosho stock they only have the Murcilago (orange) and the Aston Martin (green) and the Enzo FXX (red with white stripes) in stock.  they only have 4 readysets for the MR-02EX and the only one not is stock is the Nissan GT-R body.   Of course the bodys can be changed as well.

where are you located at?  what's your time line.  It would take about 4-5 days from order to get them in for you.   

thanks.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 08:28:28 AM by briankstan » Logged

briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #4: February 01, 2012, 08:32:58 AM »

Oh,  one other thing,  we are racing next thursday if you'd like to come check out the cars.   I also have one you can use to race with.   We race in West Jordan,  Racing starts at 6 and we go until everyone leaves about midnight.   

kalyan

View Gallery

« Reply #5: February 08, 2012, 12:58:57 AM »

Hi Brian,
I am sorry for late response. Last week I was on trip to California there I checked with 2 online stores(AmainHobbies and TinyRC) for Mini-z MR-02Ex model, they tried to offer good price but they don't even know when they gets the stock.

I came to salt lake on business trip, lives in Bountiful, I will be staying for 3 more weeks. I don't have any car here. I don't think I can make it to race on Thursday.

If you think you can get me those cars soon, I am ready to buy from you.

briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #6: February 08, 2012, 06:28:22 AM »

I just sold the last 4 that I could get yesterday eek   I just also talked with Kyosho and was told they have a shipment of them coming in on the 27th of February.   I can pre order them to make sure I get them for you, but that is the best I'm going to be able to do.  Once they arrive at Kyosho it would take probably 4 days to get to me.

sorry that's the best I'm able to do,   stock on the cars are really low right now due to demand.

kalyan

View Gallery

« Reply #7: February 08, 2012, 09:53:17 AM »

My bad. I should have responded you quickly.
I am leaving Salt Lake on 29th of this month.
Please let me know if you can get them before
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #8: February 08, 2012, 09:58:08 AM »

I'd like to help you out, but I don't see how it will be possible.   I've looked at all my contacts and they are all out of the kits,  In fact none of them have any 2.4 readysets or chassis sets in stock. and everyone is sold out of the KT-18 controllers as well.

trackstar
SLC Club Members

View Gallery

« Reply #9: February 12, 2012, 11:48:24 AM »

My bad. I should have responded you quickly.
I am leaving Salt Lake on 29th of this month.
Please let me know if you can get them before
Why don't you pre-order them and have them shipped to your home after ther 29th?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Random Photo
Recent
[January 31, 2022, 07:34:33 AM]

[February 11, 2020, 09:45:58 AM]

by Russ
[January 22, 2020, 12:33:31 PM]

by Chad
[December 19, 2019, 05:15:45 PM]

by Russ