Salt Lake Mini-Z Club Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:14:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Our next race will be Thursday March 28th HFAY Races .  Come Join Us!!
If you have any questions about racing with us,  please make a post or add a comment in the shout box, and someone will help you with the answer.

Home Help Login Register   **
Donations
Donate Via Paypal and Help Support this site.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MR-02 2.4ghz buying decisions and durability  (Read 21048 times)
Z Caboose
SLC Club Members

View Gallery

« Topic Start: October 26, 2011, 04:27:50 PM »

Looks like 3 Mini-Z's for Xmas. Do you recommend MR-02 over MR-03 for us?  Can you track down most shells/bodies? First choices: Ferrari Enzo (red or white), Lambo SV (yellow), Lambo Countach (red or black).

Need to keep all cars RTR under $200 each. Would also like to "bullet-proof" them some (I know that will bring it well over $200).  How much for steering knuckles etc?  Before speed and handling, I need durbility.  Price estimate for durability?

Is this stock rtr 2.4ghz transmitter decent?  I know it is not KoPro, but still good?  Also what do you recommed for batteries and charger system?

Last, which shell/body do you think is most durable? Smiley
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #1: October 27, 2011, 08:44:26 AM »

Looks like 3 Mini-Z's for Xmas. Do you recommend MR-02 over MR-03 for us?  Can you track down most shells/bodies? First choices: Ferrari Enzo (red or white), Lambo SV (yellow), Lambo Countach (red or black).

Need to keep all cars RTR under $200 each. Would also like to "bullet-proof" them some (I know that will bring it well over $200).  How much for steering knuckles etc?  Before speed and handling, I need durbility.  Price estimate for durability?

Is this stock rtr 2.4ghz transmitter decent?  I know it is not KoPro, but still good?  Also what do you recommed for batteries and charger system?

Last, which shell/body do you think is most durable? Smiley

if you are looking to stay around the $200 mark you are going to want to go with the MR-02's.    the stock 2.4 transmitter isn't bad, prices on the upgrades are going to vary depending on what you want.

I would say you can come race a stock car and not have any issues with durability,  maybe you'll need some t-plates, because they can get broken, but other than that you can pretty much run them stock.   when you want to go faster with a more stable car you might want to look at adding some upgrades.

what I would suggest is going with the MR-02EX ready sets,   I can get a few that are in stock now, but you won't want to wait too long or they will sell out again.   they have the orange murci, the red Enzo FXX, and the green Aston Martin in stock.   I can do these kits for $175. (no shipping or taxes)  I can also get the white enzo, the yellow merci sv, bodies.  and sell them for $40 ea.

I wouldn't recommend the Countach bodies as they aren't going to be very great race bodies.  they are short wheel base and narrow. (easy to roll).

most durable body is probably the Murcielago body,  and possibly the enzo.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 12:08:51 PM by briankstan » Logged

briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #2: October 27, 2011, 08:51:43 AM »

I didn't mention the batteries,  most of use are running Team Scream batteries.   I can get some of the Peak batteries for you,  they are pretty good, and not terribly expensive.   you can charge them with pretty much any Nimh charger with the PN AAA charging trays.

Charging tray $28ea.
Peak 900's (set of 4) $10 ea.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 08:57:35 AM by briankstan » Logged

Z Caboose
SLC Club Members

View Gallery

« Reply #3: October 27, 2011, 10:47:06 AM »

Thanks Brian.  Sorry, more questions:  Can you buy this MR-02 2.4ghz package with everything BUT the body/shell?  If so how much?  That way I could get the bodies we like most (Enzo and SV).  I do like the Aston Martin, would it be problematic like the Countach body?  I will probably place the order with you in the next 5 days.  Do you just place the order through your online store?  I will order extra t-plates and probably some tires and maybe some bearings.  Last what is the price on a starter track?
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #4: October 27, 2011, 12:04:33 PM »

they make them, however Kyosho is out of stock on them, they aren't much more with the body so it's a little better deal.  ($148 vs $175)  Plus you'd have an extra body.

the Aston body is a great race body,  it's 98mm and wide (like the Enzo and Murci).

If you just let me know what you need I'll get it ordered, you can pay me when you pick the up if you'd like.   things like this I don't stock and special order them.   T-plates, tires and the other things I have in stock so it won't be a problem.   Delivery time should be within a week of when the order is placed, and with chrismas coming stock might go quickly so let me know as soon as you can.

the track kits are $199 each.  you'd probably want two but could start with one and add the other one later.   if you are coming out to the next race you'll see what you get with 2 of the wide L tracks.   It's what we will be racing on.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 12:09:20 PM by briankstan » Logged

briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #5: October 27, 2011, 12:10:31 PM »

I put in the wrong RTR kit price,  I've changed it in the above post.   they are $175,  still pretty good deal considering retail is $199.

briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #6: November 01, 2011, 07:07:16 AM »

Joseph,  let me know if you have any other question.

Z Caboose
SLC Club Members

View Gallery

« Reply #7: November 02, 2011, 09:47:50 AM »

Hello Brian,

Please order me the Orange Murcialago and the Aston Martin 2.4ghz ready sets.  2 total.  I will need to order mine after Christmas.  Thank you.  I can pay you tomorrow if I can find time to come to the race.  How long does it take to order track?
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #8: November 02, 2011, 12:08:17 PM »

I'll get them ordered

Track usually takes about 1-1/2 weeks to arrive. 

Z Caboose
SLC Club Members

View Gallery

« Reply #9: November 02, 2011, 12:29:41 PM »

Thank you.  JLH
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Random Photo
Recent
[January 31, 2022, 07:34:33 AM]

[February 11, 2020, 09:45:58 AM]