Salt Lake Mini-Z Club Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:02:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Our next race will be Thursday May 2nd Club Races .  Come Join Us!!
If you have any questions about racing with us,  please make a post or add a comment in the shout box, and someone will help you with the answer.

Home Help Login Register   **
Donations
Donate Via Paypal and Help Support this site.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Summer Endurance Race 7-28-2011  (Read 8642 times)
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Topic Start: July 08, 2011, 10:14:35 AM »

We will be having our summer endurance races on July 28th 2011.   

Here is the track I'd like to run.   It's large and has a good flow to it. 

We would like to know if you guys want to do trophies for this race?  if so we will have a $5 per class entry fee.  We will be running races for both Formula 1 and Racer.   

Each race will be 1 hour long,  you will need to expect to  use 3 to 4 sets of batteries, and make your own pit stops during the race,  our tyical class rules apply.

Chad
Global Moderator

View Gallery

« Reply #1: July 08, 2011, 12:59:49 PM »

yes trophies flex big-grin
CLODGUY
SLC Club Members

View Gallery

« Reply #2: July 08, 2011, 03:58:01 PM »

Yeah    Bring on the bling

CLODGUY MOTORSPORTS
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #3: July 11, 2011, 11:37:04 AM »

Looks like we'll do trophies for this one. 

briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #4: July 14, 2011, 07:24:35 AM »

trophies are ordered  Cool

Russ
Global Moderator

View Gallery

Man I'm a SPAZ!!

« Reply #5: July 14, 2011, 04:30:09 PM »

Awesome!! Thanks for getting them.  flex
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #6: July 19, 2011, 01:52:56 PM »

trophies have shipped.   big-grin

briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #7: July 26, 2011, 07:25:13 AM »

Trophies are here. 

CLODGUY
SLC Club Members

View Gallery

« Reply #8: July 26, 2011, 08:19:21 AM »

Sweeeeeeeeeeeet !!!!!!!!!!  cant wait for thursday

CLODGUY MOTORSPORTS
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #9: July 28, 2011, 07:35:48 AM »

weather looks good for today,  we should be good to go.  See everyone later today.

briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #10: July 29, 2011, 08:22:40 AM »

Here are the results for the Races Last night,  Lots of fun for sure.   I'll follow up with a race report when I get it typed up.  Smiley

Summer Endurance Racer

Summer Endurance Formula 1

briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #11: July 29, 2011, 08:23:58 AM »

Race Report:

Last night we held our Summer Endurance Series Races,  we try to have these races twice a year.

Track Setup took awhile and I really appreciate Chad and Luke coming over early and helping with the track setup,  it took us about an hour and 15 minutes to get everything setup.    We kept looking at the skies as the clouds rolled and just hoped that we didn’t have one of those thunder showers that we have been having the last few days.   It started to sprinkle a little, but nothing to worry about really.  Then It cleared up and was really nice (hot but nice) the rest of the evening.

On to the racing,  We started the Formula one race at 6:30.    There are only 4 of us with F1’s so traffic wasn’t an issue.   Chad jumped off to the early lead and lead for the first 40 or so laps with me right in tow behind him.   I finally got past him and a few laps later he got hit and his diff was acting up then his car started to fade,  after the race we checked the motor and the brushes where gone.  

Luke and Russ traded 3rd and 4th back and forth a few times.   After Chad pulled his car from the track and Russ go in the groove and pulled out a good lead over Luke.    No real dramas after that and the finishing order was set.

We took about a 40 minute break before we started the Racer Race.    We had 8 cars running in the racer race.    

Joel came to race with us and I let him borrow one of my cars.   We spend a little time getting him comfortable with the car,  It was his first time driving the Mini-Z.   The car he was driving has a good setup on it and it proved to be the best setup of the night (more details on it later).  

I jumped out to the early lead follow by Joel and  Chad.   Joel was running really clean and fast (if you’ve seen Joel race you know what I mean).   I was having consistency issues,   I kept hitting rails and Joel caught me in about 10 laps.   We stayed close for the for the next 50 laps,  I was faster but less consistent and just couldn’t make the pass.    I finally pulled it together for and made the pass.   I held the leaf for the next 20 or so laps.   I pulled in for my first pit and this is where my race pretty much  unraveled.   One of my batteries just didn’t want to pop out and easily cost me a lap.   This put  Joel in the Lead and Chad in second.  

When the Sun when down and the shade hit the track my traction went Bye, Bye as well.  The rear of my car got loose and I had to slow some to keep the back in Check.   I maintained 3rd place with a few extra stops required.   It got dark a little earlier than expected and it was getting hard to see the cars.  I had to pull off and go get the flood light out so we could see.    

Joel also started to have some issues with his motor,   the bushings were getting hot and starting to squeal.  The really slows the car down.   I pulled the car off the track to check it,  seeing the issue I know exactly what it was.   I oiled the motor bushings with my Comm Drops which did two things.   It got Joel back on Track and gave him an added boost in power for the next few minutes.      Joel was running clean lines and lead the rest of the way.   Great Job in your First Race!!

Chad was also running really well , aside from his mega traction,  He traction rolled his car quite a bit but was still running clean and fast.

About that winning setup,  both 1st and 2nd place cars were running the same setups, except for the front tire choice.   Joel was running PN 20’s on the front,  Chad was running a softer PN 15 (probably was why he was traction rolling).    I know because I set up both cars  big-grin ,  Chad just likes a softer front than I do.

Russ,  has a consistent run, and oddly enough was in 4th position the entire race.    Luke had a few issues in traffic,  I know I hit him a few times (sorry).   He finally got by Ben about half way through the race and finished in 5th.    Ben finished 6th.

Nino finshed 7th and was running good but stopped to help Cady (his Girlfriend)  whom finished 8th  out when she was having problems with a wheel nut that didn’t want to stay on the car.   She had a few issues late and ended up pulling the car with about 5 minutes to go.

All in all this was a great event,  lots of fun hanging out with everyone talking after the race.   I want to say thanks to everyone for helping tear down the track.   The track sure goes down a lot faster then it goes up.  

Looking forward to doing it again.   I have some pictures mostly of the F1 race (we were all racing during the Racer Race so I don't think there are any pictures of that. Shocked )  I'll get them posted up later today.

CLODGUY
SLC Club Members

View Gallery

« Reply #12: July 29, 2011, 04:26:39 PM »

As always,, a big shout out to Brian for hosting race and ordering the trophies...  we couldnt have this great club without all of his efforts.   THANKS !!!! big-grin big-grin big-grin

Congratulations to all the winners, and all the survivors,, Just making it through an hour of solid racing is a victory in itself..

Lets do another one real soon   eek eek 

CLODGUY MOTORSPORTS
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #13: July 29, 2011, 07:11:16 PM »

Here are the trophy pictures.

Joel 1st place Racer

Chad 2nd Place Racer

Brian 3rd Place Racer