Salt Lake Mini-Z Club Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:24:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Our next race will be Thursday April 18th HFAY Races .  Come Join Us!!
If you have any questions about racing with us,  please make a post or add a comment in the shout box, and someone will help you with the answer.

Home Help Login Register   **
Donations
Donate Via Paypal and Help Support this site.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monster truck upgrades  (Read 4067 times)
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Topic Start: April 06, 2011, 01:18:15 PM »

I’ve finally got my truck back together in working order.   I also made a few upgrades to it as well as I wasn’t really happy with the way it was handling.  My battery was also starting to die as it wouldn’t charge up to capacity and wouldn’t last very long.

I found a great deal on a 8.4v 1000mah lipo  so I purchased one for mine to test it out.   I ended up putting deans ultra plugs on it and my ESC as the original connectors were different.     After testing it out I also purchased another one for Cygens truck, but it’s not here yet.   To go with the lipo I ordered a couple of Low Voltage Buzzer Alarms to use in conjunction with the lipo batteries as to not damage them.

I went through the truck and changed out  one of the rear axle shafts that was bent.  The shocks that I have on it were pretty much a joke,   the springs were too hard and although they were oil shocks (at least for a minute or two, until the oil all leaked out) they just weren’t right.    I cleaned out the remaining oil,  and used some “jade jizz” grease to coat the inside of the shock for some dampening.  The “Jade Jizz” is a mini-z dampening grease to that should help me right??  I also changed the springs out to some softer ones I had.  Anyway it seems to handle a lot better,  I guess we’ll see tomorrow.

I also need to look at how Luke did his sway bars,  I was thinking about doing that as well.   His truck just seems to handle much better than the others.   Frustrated
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 01:37:17 PM by briankstan » Logged

briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #1: April 06, 2011, 01:21:20 PM »

We also got mikes truck all done with the steering mod and installed the fireball motor,  so we'll have both trucks running tomorrow.   flex

Wolfpack Noob
Geek/Biker/Podcast Host
SLC Club Members

View Gallery

« Reply #2: April 08, 2011, 12:11:03 PM »

We also got mikes truck all done with the steering mod and installed the fireball motor,  so we'll have both trucks running tomorrow.   flex

Love my truck, thanks Brian! Cant wait for the bodies to come in!  big-grin

MR-03 with a few upgrades on it's way from New York and VENOM/A-TEC mini monster
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Random Photo
Recent
[January 31, 2022, 07:34:33 AM]

[February 11, 2020, 09:45:58 AM]

by Russ
[January 22, 2020, 12:33:31 PM]

by Chad
[December 19, 2019, 05:15:45 PM]

by Russ