Salt Lake Mini-Z Club Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:02:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Our next race will be Thursday March 28th HFAY Races .  Come Join Us!!
If you have any questions about racing with us,  please make a post or add a comment in the shout box, and someone will help you with the answer.

Home Help Login Register   **
Donations
Donate Via Paypal and Help Support this site.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbee  (Read 11549 times)
jpose

View Gallery

« Topic Start: February 25, 2011, 12:52:01 PM »

Hi Smiley
Ia'm new to rc car racing and i would like to know witch is better. A MR-02 with a 2.4 GHz or a regular one.
Please let me know what you think.

james
Russ
Global Moderator

View Gallery

Man I'm a SPAZ!!

« Reply #1: February 25, 2011, 02:27:59 PM »

If you are asking whats better between an MR-02 with either 2.4ghz or with AM then I would usually say the 2.4 since its faster and less prone to glitching. Some people still like the AM version though and they can work just fine depending on how many cars are running at the same time and the environment. The radio is something to consider also. The stock AM radio is not as fast or as nice as the stock 2.4 radio, and neither are as nice as a good aftermarket radio like a KO or Airtronics in either AM or 2.4ghz.

Does that help? Where are you from?
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #2: February 25, 2011, 07:57:40 PM »

I'll second what Russ said above.   I would say that if you have the money and want to get into it go for the 2.4 to start out.  it will save you some money if you want to do it later.   the AM cars are pretty good and with some good setup help can be a great car without much glitching.  The AM cars are also better if you are looking to get into racing at a cheaper cost.

either would be great.   If your local to us and would like to come try them out you're welcome to come to a race.  We'd hook you up with a car for the night and let you test them out and have a lot of fun doing it Smiley

jpose

View Gallery

« Reply #3: February 25, 2011, 08:50:51 PM »

I'am from Colorado on the western slope 5 1/2 hours from Salt Lake.The nearest race track is in Fountian Colorado which is 5 hours away. Sad

James
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #4: February 26, 2011, 10:19:42 AM »

how far from Casper?   they are starting to race mini-z's as Wheels and Wings in Casper. 

jpose

View Gallery

« Reply #5: February 26, 2011, 05:14:48 PM »

I'am 7 hours from casper wy. What would it take to start my own club where I live. I know I need a place to race and track and a timing system. Is there any thing else.Russ wrote that Airtronics has a 2.4GHz radio
which one is it and do I need to buy any thing else.

James
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 05:24:59 PM by jpose » Logged
Russ
Global Moderator

View Gallery

Man I'm a SPAZ!!

« Reply #6: February 28, 2011, 10:51:24 AM »

The Airtronics M8 and M11 will both work with the Kyosho Mini-z Modules. You will need the RF-901SM for 2.4asf or the RF-501A for AM. With the Airtronics radios you will also need an adapter for the KO module Like this one at Kenon.
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #7: February 28, 2011, 01:56:57 PM »

we are currently racing in my basement, and will move outside once the weather permits.   We lost our location back in November.   It just takes a few guys wanting to have fun.   you'll want to go with RCP track,  I'd start with 2 wide "L" tracks.   you'll eventually want a timer but probably don't need it to start with some friend.  When we first started we just used a timer and counted our own laps,  kind of harder but doable.

What you need.

1. cars (Mini-Z's AM or 2.4)
2. track (RCP is the way to go)
3. good attitude
4. eventually a timer.  Smiley   We are using the core timer with Flipside software,  the most readily available ones are going to be either the giro-z or the i-lap timing systems.

Anything I can do to help let me know.   I do sell the tracks though the store,  but any advice I can give you is free.   Just hit me up here.  We'll do the best we can to help you out.

Melissa Daisy

View Gallery

« Reply #8: June 09, 2011, 03:10:14 AM »

Thanks you for the post.
Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.

briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #9: June 09, 2011, 06:15:19 AM »

Thanks you for the post.
Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.

welcome,  let us know if you have any questions.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Random Photo
Recent
[January 31, 2022, 07:34:33 AM]

[February 11, 2020, 09:45:58 AM]

by Russ
[January 22, 2020, 12:33:31 PM]

by Chad
[December 19, 2019, 05:15:45 PM]

by Russ