Salt Lake Mini-Z Club Forum
March 28, 2024, 04:44:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Our next race will be Thursday March 28th HFAY Races .  Come Join Us!!
If you have any questions about racing with us,  please make a post or add a comment in the shout box, and someone will help you with the answer.

Home Help Login Register   **
Donations
Donate Via Paypal and Help Support this site.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: inferno gt  (Read 6822 times)
benihanna80
SLC Club Members

View Gallery

« Topic Start: December 08, 2010, 03:41:49 PM »

Here is the gt i bought from dan who used to race at south valley hobby.  It was uber...dirty like... never been cleaned...ever.  It took me a couple of hours to clean it up but here is how it looks now.  I had to get a new center diff cup cause it had slotted out, and the body posts were destroyed but hopefully the engine fires right up, that will be the test tonight.  Take a look at the diff gears and how they align with the bell gears they don't line right up and one of the gears is a little chewed up.  Is the alignment normal and if not what can i do?  any other suggestions.  how does the ferrari body look, i bought it clear and dressed it up.  I thought i did an ok job
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #1: December 09, 2010, 08:21:35 AM »

I purchased mine used and it came the same way (all dirty).   I cleaned it up as well.    From looking at the pics the car looks in great shape.  did it come with the new ferrari body?   

from what I can see everything looks to be in good shape.

briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #2: December 09, 2010, 08:23:18 AM »

if the weather holds we might be able to get them out and run at IRCR this weekend.

benihanna80
SLC Club Members

View Gallery

« Reply #3: December 09, 2010, 11:32:48 AM »

it did not come with the body and i did the paint and decal work looks pretty good doesn't it
benihanna80
SLC Club Members

View Gallery

« Reply #4: December 09, 2010, 11:34:51 AM »

what day and time you thinking about going to intermountain?
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #5: December 09, 2010, 12:37:43 PM »

Gus said he was going to check the track on Satuday and if things look good we would shoot for Sunday morning around 10.

benihanna80
SLC Club Members

View Gallery

« Reply #6: December 09, 2010, 01:58:54 PM »

man i wish sundays were open to me, to be honest i think december is pretty much shot for me, I will most likely miss the 16th too, ill have to catch up with you guys in january, but i think i will try and talk korte at south valley to set up the track weather permitting, and if he does ill shoot you a text or email ya?
Russ
Global Moderator

View Gallery

Man I'm a SPAZ!!

« Reply #7: December 10, 2010, 09:57:39 AM »

Ben nice job on the cleaning and painting, looks great!!

For the mesh on the clutch bell and spur gears you will want to move that bell forward a bit. It will work as is but would be better meshed correctly. Most important is the mesh between the gears. The old paper trick works great but I like to set mine by feel. You want just a little bit of space between the gears (like a 64th of an inch).

Before running it we could give it a good looking over for you and see if it looks like its in good running order if you want.

Brian and I both have set up stations so if you want to get the chassis squared away we can help with that. I have a nice set up guide I could email you if you want to do some reading about set ups. LMK

Its great to have another join the ranks of the IGT!!!  flex
benihanna80
SLC Club Members

View Gallery

« Reply #8: December 10, 2010, 03:47:47 PM »

thanks Russ your the man!  ya I have a few questions about my set up that i would love your input on for example...how do i move my bell forward?  and if i tighten the screws for the steering mounts too tight then it doesn't turn but i am worried about the screws rattling loose...
i started the engine for the first time the other night and it started up great! but it seemed to idle fast it may be too lean the temps were around 220 after 5-10 minutes, but man just blipping the throttle a few times that engine i think its called the wasp screams!!! i also am curious as the 2 speed shift times...sooner or later...i know how to adjust it but am curious how you guys run. 
Russ
Global Moderator

View Gallery

Man I'm a SPAZ!!

« Reply #9: December 10, 2010, 04:17:59 PM »

To move the clutch bell forward you need to put some shims on the crankshaft behind the collet. Ofna sells a nice pack of clutch bell shims OFNA 1/8 Clutch Bells Shim Kit [OFN10099] | RC Cars & Trucks - A Main Hobbies that has all the parts you might need.

For the steering mounts something sounds wrong. you should be able to tighten those down as tight as possible without binding up. It might be missing something there or be worn out.

For the engine 220 is great. If the idle is high you can lower it with the idle adjustment. I bet the engine will get hotter though once its run.

For 2 speed settings I like mine to shift before the engine tops out maybe about 3/4 of max. Make that adjustment on the track as needed. Careful its easy to mess up.

Make sure you visit Kyosho Inferno GT - Login there is a ton of helpful stuff there. Also UtahRC.com is good too.

If you want to bring your car over one night or day let me know and I can help you with it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Random Photo
Recent
[January 31, 2022, 07:34:33 AM]

[February 11, 2020, 09:45:58 AM]

by Russ
[January 22, 2020, 12:33:31 PM]

by Chad
[December 19, 2019, 05:15:45 PM]

by Russ