Salt Lake Mini-Z Club Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:08:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Our next race will be Thursday May 2nd Club Races .  Come Join Us!!
If you have any questions about racing with us,  please make a post or add a comment in the shout box, and someone will help you with the answer.

Home Help Login Register   **
Donations
Donate Via Paypal and Help Support this site.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONSTER TRUCK SERIES  (Read 5375 times)
CLODGUY
SLC Club Members

View Gallery

« Topic Start: November 15, 2009, 11:18:48 PM »

Running a points series is never going to be fair to every-one..

some people just cant make it every race.(they dont cancel nascar just because jeff
     gordon cant make it)

some people come once every few months ,and win every race they run (how are they
     ever going to stand a chance of winning the series)

some people come every week, and cant seem to get it together (happens to all of us)

some people just have slower trucks than others.

some people cant afford to fix their truck for a few months if it breaks

some people are just better drivers than others

some people can afford mod motors and li/po cells

sometimes the jumps are hard to clear

sometimes the jumps are hard to hit

sometimes lifes just not fair

So whats my point,,,   Im tired of running the points series. Starting next year,, Im
     just coming to race..if some-one wants to run
     a points series thats up to YOU,, If some-one wants to collect money for trophies, thats up
     to YOU,, Ill leave the ramps at the warehouse,, design any course YOU want ..build any new
     ramps YOU want to.. run whatever rules YOU want to,,score it however YOU want to..

Im just tired of the hassle,,

Luke

« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 07:38:30 AM by briankstan » Logged

CLODGUY MOTORSPORTS
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #1: November 16, 2009, 07:34:23 AM »

I think the most important thing is that it's fun for everyone.   sure we try and do the best we can, and in turn the pushes everyone to be a little better.

Cygen was having a tough night of it.  He couldn't understand why everyone always beats him,  in his mind that means he isn't any good.  I was trying to help him understand that if you are having fun that it really doesn't matter if you win every time or never.  to me racing is fun.  it's one of those things that everyone has someone that can beat them some or all of the time.  He was more disappointed because he broke his overland (it's fixed now big-grin ) and wasn't able to race it because it's his favorite thing to race.

If you remember we use to run a point series for the racers, overland and monster trucks.  it was fun but not really necessary for what our club is about.  I don't care if we keep points or just race for fun, every night.

I just want to meet up a couple of times a month with a bunch of friends and Race.  Win or loose I don't really care.  I try to help those that want it and have a good time, that's it plain and simple.

Russ
Global Moderator

View Gallery

Man I'm a SPAZ!!

« Reply #2: November 16, 2009, 04:53:52 PM »

I second what Brian is saying that it’s supposed to be just for fun. And in re-reading my post I see how it could be taken differently than my intentions. I really was trying to be positive not negative.

I can understand Lukes frustration that it appears his efforts are un-appreciated by me. That is way way…. way far off from what I was trying to accomplish with my original post and apologize for any misunderstanding. In fact I don’t think he (or Brian and Doug) gets enough recognition for the time, effort, and costs associated with racing that they incur for everyone’s enjoyment. I appreciate the amount of effort that goes into it. I know I have a tough time just getting my own Censored together. Not to mention having to wrench on other peoples vehicles and getting stuff ready for racing like obstacles, track, timing software, HFAY stuff, trophies, floor space, etc. etc. etc.

I was not racing with you guys when the monster truck racing started. So I am unfamiliar with the rules that were run before. In reading them I just noticed that its not what we were doing now, therefore there are no current guidelines or rules to go by. The reason I bought one and hopped it up in the first place was because it looked like so much fun. You guys looked like you really enjoyed running them. Same with Overlands. In fact Overland and Monsters seems to bring the highest level of laughter and fun of all the racing that we do each night. If adding or modifying rules ruins the fun then bag the rules, let’s just have fun.

But...if it is a contest, then I guess its just my competitive nature to want to know what the rules are so I know what’s acceptable and what’s not, and to try to do the best I can within those guidelines.

Sorry if I offended anyone, I really didn’t mean to. I really do appreciate all the work and effort that everyone brings every night just so we can get out of the house to race and have fun. So thanks for your efforts everyone, they really are appreciated.
CLODGUY
SLC Club Members

View Gallery

« Reply #3: November 16, 2009, 07:43:12 PM »

Guys,,,   my not wanting to set up and track monster trucks has sooo little to do with rules, bickering, or dissapointment, or the way we score things.. 

You have to understand that Ive been doing this in one form or another for the past 10 years, first 10th scale ,then mini giant.  Im just tired of spending so much of my time preparing for the event , and so little of my time actually enjoying running in it, (Brian, you remember how much of a pain it was when you had to haul the track to joes church every other week, then have to haul it all home by youreself..)   well thats what im tired of doing.

I want to keep racing  monster truck (however you guys want to run it) but if i'm not having fun doing it ,,, whats the point of showing up

Luke

CLODGUY MOTORSPORTS
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #4: November 17, 2009, 06:12:44 AM »

Luke,  I know exactly how you feel in transporting all the items back and forth,  We (speaking for the entire club) do appreciate all the you have done for our monter truck racing.  I know that I wouldn't have the time to put together all the things you've done for the jump.   they are all very creative and frankly just plain cool.

I do suggest that while we have the space available at the warehouse that you should just bring and leave the jumps there.  it sure would save you a lot of work. and we could kind of just make it up as we go...  Kinda like setting up the tracks Wink.

I do want to continue racing them as it's just plain fun.   I don't really care what the format is.   we could just put the jumps out and have a 30 minute "free for all".

My goal with racing has always been to have fun over anything.  I've been to several events where I was as the back of the grid,  was I worried about getting beat?  no,  I was just there to do the best I could and have fun, maybe learn something new that could help us all become better drivers, or a trick to setup my cars but for the most part I was there to hang out with a bunch of people that enjoy racing as much as I do.

If I can be of any help to anyone please let me know.   

thanks.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Random Photo
Recent
[January 31, 2022, 07:34:33 AM]

[February 11, 2020, 09:45:58 AM]

by Russ
[January 22, 2020, 12:33:31 PM]

by Chad
[December 19, 2019, 05:15:45 PM]