Salt Lake Mini-Z Club Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:46:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Our next race will be Thursday April 18th HFAY Races .  Come Join Us!!
If you have any questions about racing with us,  please make a post or add a comment in the shout box, and someone will help you with the answer.

Home Help Login Register   **
Donations
Donate Via Paypal and Help Support this site.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hummer Custom Bumper  (Read 11156 times)
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Topic Start: December 15, 2008, 06:59:37 PM »

So Russ and I were talking about one of the few drawbacks of running the hummer body.   it's how it gets caught on the rails.  The possibility of breaking knuckles and your front servo case are pretty good if you hit the rails.

Russ made a bumper and he gave me one as well.   I was showing Cygen how it works and then put it away for a later day, well I went to put it on and it was gone,  I think one of the friends picked it up and we couldn't find it.   While looking around for something to make another one with I found one of those dummy covers for where your CD Rom goes in the computer.   I figured it was plastic and would work great.

out with the hobby knife and I began coming up with a design.   I made Cygen one and installed it,  then after a test drive it seemed that is was functioning as intended.   the rail would hit the bumper before it would contact the tire.   Great !!

So then I was thinking, it stops the hit on the wheel, but will still snag the rail if you rub it,  so I came up with this new design with rounded corners by using my heat gun to soften the plastic so I could bend it.   Here is the results.   I think it turned out great.  big-grin

« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 07:03:20 PM by briankstan » Logged

Russ
Global Moderator

View Gallery

Man I'm a SPAZ!!

« Reply #1: December 17, 2008, 08:28:48 AM »

Thats freakin' awesome!!  eek

I hope ya made two!!  laugh

Mine was just simple and made from 1/8 inch ABS. Yours looks factory!! I hope its tough flex .  Nice job.
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #2: December 17, 2008, 12:14:22 PM »

I'll see if I can find another piece to make one for you.  the piece was just large enough to get to out of.   the other one is on cygens new hummer body.

I'll see if I can find the piece to make another one.

Russ
Global Moderator

View Gallery

Man I'm a SPAZ!!

« Reply #3: December 17, 2008, 12:59:17 PM »

You dont have to make me one I was just kidding. I think the quicky I whipped up will work just fine for now. But yours does look alot better.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Random Photo
Recent
[January 31, 2022, 07:34:33 AM]

[February 11, 2020, 09:45:58 AM]

by Russ
[January 22, 2020, 12:33:31 PM]

by Chad
[December 19, 2019, 05:15:45 PM]

by Russ