Salt Lake Mini-Z Club Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:51:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Our next race will be Thursday March 28th HFAY Races .  Come Join Us!!
If you have any questions about racing with us,  please make a post or add a comment in the shout box, and someone will help you with the answer.

Home Help Login Register   **
Donations
Donate Via Paypal and Help Support this site.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Store Feedback  (Read 8564 times)
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Topic Start: May 31, 2008, 04:20:24 PM »

I have a few question regarding the layout of the store.

Currently I have broken things down a little finer than you see at the other stores.

Example:   MR-02 --> Suspension --> Front Suspension --> Knuckles

would you rather just have everthing in one catagory, in broken done so it's in it's own catagory? 

Let me know what you guys think.

Nic-z
SLC Club Members

View Gallery

See it like it buy it sell it.

« Reply #1: May 31, 2008, 10:59:12 PM »

RC Kennon has it just right I think, Though I don't mind window shopping some might like to just drill down exactly what they are looking for and get on.

Bring it! Team mental be loco!
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #2: May 31, 2008, 11:53:18 PM »

RC Kennon has it just right I think, Though I don't mind window shopping some might like to just drill down exactly what they are looking for and get on.

would you rather have long list on pages or pages with just what you want?   for example you would have springs, knuckles, damper systems, kingpins, caster bars, etc.  all in one catagory on muliply pages.  like Kenon.   or you you rather select Knuckles as a catagory and then just see the knuckles.

Nic-z
SLC Club Members

View Gallery

See it like it buy it sell it.

« Reply #3: June 01, 2008, 09:56:08 AM »

Well Knuckles in the knuckles section is good, but then where would the kingpins go? You know what I mean its kinda like if you drill down really far then you are left with either making little categories for one or two items or you are putting them under like 'springs' or 'knuckles' and the shopper is left to guess where they might be.....assumming they don't use keyword search. IMO I like a long list, of 'suspension' 'chasis parts' motor/drive train' etc.

Bring it! Team mental be loco!
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #4: June 01, 2008, 10:16:00 AM »

thanks Nic.

Anyone else have any input on the subject?

Russ
Global Moderator

View Gallery

Man I'm a SPAZ!!

« Reply #5: June 02, 2008, 09:22:04 AM »

Just make it as easy to use as possible. My biggest issues with most online stores are:

1. Pictures.
A picture is worth a 100000000000000 words. You must have a photo of every item in the store. I really like a thumbnail to start and then a bigger 300+ pixle large image to really see the item I want to buy. I like to see the parts installed also if possible. I really like the way you set up the pictures so far - very nice!

2. Descriptions.
Its very important to have good item descriptions including what the item fits, and the specs (size, dimensions, voltage, current, etc.). Good job so far here.

3. Navigation.
Must be simple and fluid.

4. Shipping.
I like to see up front what this might cost. Can a shipping estimator be incorporated into the cart total while shopping?

So far I really like the look and feel of the store. I like the new look and pictures so far. I must say that if you keep this up you could have the best mini-z store out there. Also I would love to help with proof reading and correcting typo's in the text. I can also help with photos. In fact I would offer to install and photograph any part for a "parts in use" picture. Payment is negotiable  Wink .

briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #6: June 02, 2008, 11:20:55 AM »

Just make it as easy to use as possible. My biggest issues with most online stores are:

1. Pictures.
A picture is worth a 100000000000000 words. You must have a photo of every item in the store. I really like a thumbnail to start and then a bigger 300+ pixle large image to really see the item I want to buy. I like to see the parts installed also if possible. I really like the way you set up the pictures so far - very nice!

I'll be getting pictures of everthing I have for sale.    My brother borrowed my camera and I just got it back yesterday.  I even bought a desktop photo studio to help with lighting for the best pictures possible.  My goal will be to provide a better description and more pictues the the other stores.

2. Descriptions.
Its very important to have good item descriptions including what the item fits, and the specs (size, dimensions, voltage, current, etc.). Good job so far here.

I'll keep with what I have been doing

3. Navigation.

Hows is it currently?   this is what I'm most concerned about right now !

4. Shipping.
I like to see up front what this might cost. Can a shipping estimator be incorporated into the cart total while shopping?

there is a shipping estimator from in the cart.  you can check shipping before you ever go to the checkout.

So far I really like the look and feel of the store. I like the new look and pictures so far. I must say that if you keep this up you could have the best mini-z store out there. Also I would love to help with proof reading and correcting typo's in the text. I can also help with photos. In fact I would offer to install and photograph any part for a "parts in use" picture. Payment is negotiable  Wink .

I plan on providing more information and more pictures, a cleaner look and feel than the other stores out there.  If you see something that can be improved on further let me know.

notes in Red above....

Russ I could probably use your help this coming weekend for pictures.   Wink    I'll have my photo studio on Wednesday, but I have lots of pitures to take and I have to add the watermark to all of them.  if you want to help let me know. 

thanks for the feed back.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 11:22:37 AM by briankstan » Logged

Ryan
SLC Club Members

View Gallery

Bugatti Veyron, the best car in the world.

« Reply #7: June 23, 2008, 08:43:58 PM »

3. Navigation.

Hows is it currently?   this is what I'm most concerned about right now !
Brian I like to be able to get right to my item without having to go through pages of other things. So in other words for me it's PERFECT! big-grin

Rubbin's racin'
dvsstrike
« Reply #8: October 03, 2008, 09:40:28 PM »

your store pages are perfect no need to change a thing. real easy to follow and get what i need.
thanks
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #9: October 04, 2008, 04:40:20 PM »

your store pages are perfect no need to change a thing. real easy to follow and get what i need.
thanks

thanks for leaving some feedback, Welcome to to the forums.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Random Photo
Recent
[January 31, 2022, 07:34:33 AM]

[February 11, 2020, 09:45:58 AM]

by Russ
[January 22, 2020, 12:33:31 PM]

by Chad
[December 19, 2019, 05:15:45 PM]

by Russ