Salt Lake Mini-Z Club Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:17:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Our next race will be Thursday May 2nd Club Races .  Come Join Us!!
If you have any questions about racing with us,  please make a post or add a comment in the shout box, and someone will help you with the answer.

Home Help Login Register   **
Donations
Donate Via Paypal and Help Support this site.

Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to: Create Your Own User Gallery  (Read 16386 times)
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Topic Start: February 03, 2008, 07:38:40 AM »

I have updated the Gallery.  (sorry if a picture or 2 got lost).

first thing you do it click on the gallery link in the header (Follow yellow arrows and text, click on the small pictures to see them full size).

It will take you the gallery page.  If you look in the top right corner you will see [My Gallery].  Click this link.

At the bottom in the "General Admin Panel" you will see a link the says "add Catagory". Click this link.

under the "Add Catagory" page you really only need to fill in the "Title" Section.  this will become name of this paticular folder where you can upload your pictures.  You can add a descriptions of that gallery as well.  I have been using the title as the description.

Now that you have a "Catagory" you can add you pictures to it.  Click on the Catagory that you want to add the pictures too.  As you create Catagories you can select any of them. you want to select the catagory you will be adding the picutres to. You can select either the "Bulk Add Pitures" or the "Add Picture".   The Bulk Add Pitures will let you add 5 pictures at a time by selecting them from your computer.  Add Picture will only allow 1 picture at a time, and you have to fill in the title for the picture to be added. 

Select the Browse button, then find the picture on your computer.  Hit the button and it will upload it into that catagory under your User gallery.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 10:50:16 PM by briankstan » Logged

briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #1: February 03, 2008, 05:37:05 PM »

Guys,  I was having issues with this.   it should be fixed now.   Post here if you are having issues creating the catagories and adding the pictures.   I made the system automatically add a Salt Lake Mini-Z watermark to the lower left corner of all the pictures you add.

Hope you all enjoy this feature.   Smiley

I'll be uploading all my car picutres over the next few weeks.  Grin  yes, I have that many picures of that many bodies.  Cool
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 12:50:52 AM by briankstan » Logged

briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #2: February 05, 2008, 07:15:03 PM »

I forgot to mentions that you don't need to worry about sizing the pictures.   the system is set up to size them automatically to fit the settings.   the max allowable size to view is 3000 x 3000 dpi.

Russ
Global Moderator

View Gallery

Man I'm a SPAZ!!

« Reply #3: February 12, 2008, 04:10:23 PM »

I have some I shot the first time I came out. I could send them to you if there is a place to put them.
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #4: February 12, 2008, 04:12:28 PM »

I have some I shot the first time I came out. I could send them to you if there is a place to put them.

you can upload them to the download section.   I'll need to check and see if you can add them to the gallery.

it looks like the gallery won't except videos, unless I purchase a add on for video ($30).  for now we will just have to use the download section.  If you give them to me I can post them via FTP.   I could also hook you up with FTP Access to the website.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 04:23:42 PM by briankstan » Logged

Russ
Global Moderator

View Gallery

Man I'm a SPAZ!!

« Reply #5: February 12, 2008, 05:44:12 PM »

They are about 10 megs each and theres 5. I could email them or whatever works for you.
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #6: February 13, 2008, 03:28:53 PM »

after doing a little more research,  I think buying this Addon to the gallery for videos is the way to go.

it basically keeps the gallery the way it currently is, but add a Add Video right below the add picture and add bulk pictures.

the vidoes display in the same window that the photos do.  I can set the size that it displays,  set the upload size limit and assign upload priviledges.

not to bad for $30.. really.

Brian
Registered Member

View Gallery

« Reply #7: February 16, 2008, 10:48:07 PM »

one thing I forgot to mention.   even when you are doing a "bulk Upload" you still have to fill in the title section or it will give you an error.    I'm trying to see it there is away to not do this.

Ryan,  I'm woking on you issue.   Give it a try tomorrow (Sunday) and let me know if it's working.
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #8: February 16, 2008, 10:54:11 PM »

anyone else having any trouble with the "Bulk Upload"?    if so let me know here.

Nic-z
SLC Club Members

View Gallery

See it like it buy it sell it.

« Reply #9: February 17, 2008, 07:50:30 AM »

Not I last time I did one was yesterday morning.

Bring it! Team mental be loco!
Ryan
SLC Club Members

View Gallery

Bugatti Veyron, the best car in the world.

« Reply #10: February 17, 2008, 08:50:39 AM »

In the shout box I say I have no more photos but I found some more of the wherehouse race. I tried to add them with bulk upload and the 2 pics didn't work. I did have another tab opened and another window opened but I dont know if that could possibly help or hurt it.
P.S im still getting the "Internet cannot display the webpage"

Rubbin's racin'
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #11: February 17, 2008, 10:29:13 AM »

Ryan are you filling in the title sections for each picture?  Can you create your own catagory and try uploading to that.

briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #12: February 17, 2008, 10:37:36 AM »

I just made a modification to the gallery,  you should no longer be required to fill in the title when you do bulk uploads.

Ryan
SLC Club Members

View Gallery

Bugatti Veyron, the best car in the world.

« Reply #13: February 17, 2008, 02:54:58 PM »

I have been putting titles at all of my pictures and still get "the webpage not found"
The first thing I tried was to make my own category. Im ok doing pics 1 by 1. I'm most likely not going to do as many pictures like you Brian.

Rubbin's racin'
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #14: February 17, 2008, 03:13:08 PM »

can you give me some info on the size of files you are trying to upload

file size, picture dimensions (Height x width).   What is the speed of your broadband?

I'd like to make sure everything is functioning correctly..

also if you can try the bulk upload again I can check the error log and that might help me figure it out.  you can just post the same pictures in a seperate catagory and we can delete them later  Smiley

Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Random Photo
Recent
[January 31, 2022, 07:34:33 AM]

[February 11, 2020, 09:45:58 AM]

by Russ
[January 22, 2020, 12:33:31 PM]

by Chad
[December 19, 2019, 05:15:45 PM]

by Russ