Salt Lake Mini-Z Club Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:20:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Our next race will be Thursday March 28th HFAY Races .  Come Join Us!!
If you have any questions about racing with us,  please make a post or add a comment in the shout box, and someone will help you with the answer.

Home Help Login Register   **
Donations
Donate Via Paypal and Help Support this site.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Overland Alm hoopups  (Read 4887 times)
Nic-z
SLC Club Members

View Gallery

See it like it buy it sell it.

« Topic Start: March 15, 2008, 10:55:32 PM »

Okay so I found some time today to install all my parts for my overland I ordered a while ago. I had the front and back gear box (gpm 10 ea) the bash guard, toe bar, gpm shocks. and shock tower.  everything fit like a glove, with the exception of the alm toe bar I had to file down a bit to keep it from catching as it steered.  Another thing is the shocks don't move smooth up and down if I have the screw tight on the top, I have the right spacers in but I got them to work so now worries.  Things yet to find is the rear alm shock mount that is the long size, I have the silver one for the short and medium size just not the long one so for now its plastic. That and the two arms and motor clip and it should be fully hoped up, and nearly un breakable. (doubt that)

Bring it! Team mental be loco!
Russ
Global Moderator

View Gallery

Man I'm a SPAZ!!

« Reply #1: March 17, 2008, 08:25:24 AM »

Seems to me that my GPM shocks have a small brass spacer insert that goes inside the upper mount. It keeps the shock from mounting firmly to the upper shock mounts and gives it the ability to move around. I actually didnt like it slopping around like that but I guess its required to let the shocks compress freely without binding.
Nic-z
SLC Club Members

View Gallery

« Reply #2: March 17, 2008, 10:15:17 AM »

incerted from step one and still binds, I just keep the screw a hair from tight

Russ
Global Moderator

View Gallery

Man I'm a SPAZ!!

« Reply #3: March 25, 2008, 11:32:42 AM »

I was messing with mine while installing the rear gear box this weekend and noticed that my GPM's bind as well. If they are off the truck they are fine, but as soon as they are installed they tend to bind up. This causes the truck to "stick" when swayed one way or the other. I think I am going to buy some 3Racing ones off ebay. Or I was looking at the Kyosho oil shocks. They are more expensive (and ugly) but I hear they are really nice.

I also would like to find a stronger rear upper shock mount. I noticed mine is starting to crack at the screw mounts. Anybody know where to find an alloy one?
briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #4: March 25, 2008, 11:52:35 AM »

I'll have to look around.  I know I'm running the stock plastic mounts as well.  We will all need to replace them eventually I'm sure, especially if we keep making those huge jumps on the OL tracks.  Shocked

Nic-z
SLC Club Members

View Gallery

« Reply #5: March 25, 2008, 01:27:04 PM »

be careful when buying the alm upper shock mount, the front one is easy to find on ebay, but the rear one hard to find for the one you'll need for the hummer, I have seen a handfull on peoples ols on the forums have yet to find one myself, let me know if you find some. oh and its not just the GPMs that will bind my stock shocks do the same thing, I am not too sure why this is I will have to search the forums, but I do know if you screw them all the way then back out just a smidge they should work fine.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Random Photo
Recent
[January 31, 2022, 07:34:33 AM]

[February 11, 2020, 09:45:58 AM]

by Russ
[January 22, 2020, 12:33:31 PM]

by Chad
[December 19, 2019, 05:15:45 PM]