Salt Lake Mini-Z Club Forum
April 20, 2024, 09:03:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Our next race will be Thursday April 18th HFAY Races .  Come Join Us!!
If you have any questions about racing with us,  please make a post or add a comment in the shout box, and someone will help you with the answer.

Home Help Login Register   **
Donations
Donate Via Paypal and Help Support this site.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: another broken chassis  (Read 5951 times)
CLODGUY
SLC Club Members

View Gallery

« Topic Start: March 15, 2008, 05:21:05 AM »

well guys,, I joined the  broken knuckle mount club .   while cleaning the chassis I noticed a broken upper knuckle  mount    (probably due to that stupid turn at the end of the straight  that I kept missing) sooo,, now I get one of those cool upper mounts too Grin

quote " he who dies with the most aluminum on his car wins"

CLODGUY MOTORSPORTS
CLODGUY
SLC Club Members

View Gallery

« Reply #1: March 15, 2008, 05:45:22 AM »

pic posted in my gallery under misc.

CLODGUY MOTORSPORTS
Ryan
SLC Club Members

View Gallery

Bugatti Veyron, the best car in the world.

« Reply #2: March 15, 2008, 07:21:34 PM »

Here is a question that is kind of on the subject. Do you think it would be best for someone with a new chassis to either put the ssg arm strengtheners on or just cut the arms off and get the alloy top and bottom things? I keep on hearing more stories of these things breaking and thought I should take action and save mine. but I don't know which one would be best.

Rubbin's racin'
Nic-z
SLC Club Members

View Gallery

See it like it buy it sell it.

« Reply #3: March 15, 2008, 10:46:01 PM »

I did some research on mini-z racer, and found most people had problems with the tops of the arms braking/cracking mostly. If you were to go the cheap way getting just the top alm. replace ment arm would be the way to go. Personally I would just wait till you crack or break one, but up to you. I did it both ways. bought a new chasis and didn the alm upgrade right away (project orange box) and my other 02 (mod class) broke so I got a whole new chassis (mainly cause I don't like pink chassis).

Bring it! Team mental be loco!
Russ
Global Moderator

View Gallery

Man I'm a SPAZ!!

« Reply #4: March 17, 2008, 08:19:11 AM »

Here is a question that is kind of on the subject. Do you think it would be best for someone with a new chassis to either put the ssg arm strengtheners on or just cut the arms off and get the alloy top and bottom things? I keep on hearing more stories of these things breaking and thought I should take action and save mine. but I don't know which one would be best.

Ehhh... thats hard to say. The SSG Arm strengtheners are almost $6 plus shipping, and you have to super glue them in place (possibly messy).

The new tower bar is $12.88 plus shipping. Its very easy to install. My suggestion would be to wait untill you need it to get it. Why spend money you dont have to. It does look cool though  Wink .

briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #5: March 17, 2008, 10:59:43 AM »

I'd wait until it's needed. you might never break one.  who knows.

briankstan
SLMZ / HFAY Director
Administrator

View Gallery

Speed is Life!!

« Reply #6: March 17, 2008, 02:38:53 PM »

well guys,, I joined the  broken knuckle mount club .   while cleaning the chassis I noticed a broken upper knuckle  mount    (probably due to that stupid turn at the end of the straight  that I kept missing) sooo,, now I get one of those cool upper mounts too Grin

quote " he who dies with the most aluminum on his car wins"

LOL   Grin  you were the one that put it in there...   the speeds going down that long straight were getting pretty fast.  I'm suprized there wasn't some real damage done to everyone.

I actually loved that layout.  it had a great flow to it.  great job on the design of that one everyone who helped create that design.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Random Photo
Recent
[January 31, 2022, 07:34:33 AM]

[February 11, 2020, 09:45:58 AM]

by Russ
[January 22, 2020, 12:33:31 PM]

by Chad
[December 19, 2019, 05:15:45 PM]

by Russ